40% Of Male Foreigners Go To Philippines For Sex: Envoy

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

A better stat would be 40% of Filipino males pay for sex..... if only they had enough money. (not that there's anything wrong with it) All across Asia, paying for sex is just something you do. It's a lot safer to your marriage than carrying on an affair with a woman you probably can't stand to talk to anyways.

Inspector
Posted
Posted

100% of any male comes here for sex...from the old blind sexpat who lives in a pension house and spends his lonely days on dateinasia lying to girls, to a foreigner who came here after he fell in love with a penpal and some words on paper. If it wasn't for sex, we'd all be married to a hairy male who enjoyed beer, farting and football.

Candyman
Posted
Posted

To me, these figures just do not stack up, period ! See post #6 ! Unless this educated imbecile is counting all the blokes that are already married to a Filippina, or engaged or have girlfriends, that are Filipina, then, yes, those figures may be right. But, there is no way, that that vast amount are there purely and simply as sex tourists ! Look at Cebu City for starters. If his 40% is deemed as correct, that is 200,000 tourists just in that city for sex alone, and the amount of Bikini bars, massage parlours and casas, may number 30 in the whole city and surrounding suburbs, and that is being generous then that works out to 66,666, tourists per bar/parlour/whatever, which is an average of 25.06 people per establishment per day, over the past 266 days ! Impossible ! I repeat, this is simply impossible !Many many times I have been bar hopping at different times and days of the week, and often, I and my wife have been the only ones in the bar, and not just one bar, but two or three in a row ! About the biggest crowd we have ever seen, was on a Saturday night, when they had live bands at the old Egypt, (now called Pharoah's Den I believe in Mandaue) and even then, there would have been around about 80 customers, and about 60 dancers ! So, in a nutshell, this "diplomat", is talking through his a**e, and just stirring up a lot of unnecessary sh*t !

Candyman
Posted
Posted

Source of sex trade statistics soughtSunday, September 25, 2011THE Philippine government on Sunday asked US Ambassador to the Philippines Harry Thomas Jr. to explain where he got his statistics that about 40-percent of male tourists in the country come for the sex trade.The Inter-Agency Council Against Trafficking (IACAT) earlier said that while they acknowledge that such problem exists, Thomas did not mention where he got his figures.“There is a need, however, to verify the accuracy of his statistics so that an appropriate response, a calibrated one, together with Tourism authorities will be enforced,” Justice Undersecretary and IACAT head Jose Vicente Salazar said.Salazar said that the government will not tolerate sexual tourism, and has been intensifying its campaign against any and all forms of human trafficking.In his speech, Thomas gave an estimate of 40-percent of male foreigners, including from his country, who come into the country for sexual tourism.“That is untenable, that’s against human values. That is not something I’m proud of. That’s not something you should be proud of. I told (Justice Secretary Leila) De Lima that any American caught engaging in any of these crimes or cybersex should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law and we will assist them,” he said.But Salazar said that police agencies, the Department of Foreign Affairs, the Department of Tourism and even non government organizations does not have an accurate statistics on sexual tourism and related cases.Salazar added that the government is thankful for the support the US has been providing in the campaign against human trafficking in the country and is looking toward a more coordinated and responsive action against the menace of human trafficking, already recognized as the second biggest criminal activity in the world.Thomas’ statement is seen as a blow to the effort of the government to convince the US State Department to upgrade the Philippines’ status to Tier 1 watchlist category under its anti-human trafficking monitoring program, after securing 21 convictions in just eight months of the Aquino administration.The US State Department recently released its Interim Assessment Report where the Philippines was cited as making significant progress in combating trafficking in persons since the release of the 2010 Trafficking in Persons Report.The Philippines was precariously categorized under the Tier 2 Watch List from 2009-2010, which meant that unless significant efforts were made to fight human trafficking, it could fall under the Tier 3 List. Tier 3 countries are at risk of losing US non-humanitarian financial assistance based on the US Trafficking Victims’ Protection Act of 2000, amounting to $250-million.The IACAT, which has been in existence since 2003, has not been receiving a single centavo, a fact that the US frown on as a measuring stick of the government’s desire to stamp out this menace.The Philippines’ Tier 2 status has been the same for two years now. The country had until middle of this year to move to Tier 1 by improving its conviction rate against traffickers, otherwise the US will suspend the financial assistance. (ECV/Sunnex)Full Story Here : http://www.sunstar.c...s-sought-181470

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

OH NO and just when you thought the issue was "forgotten" here is the rest of the story,it was a hot summer night as i was in my nipa hut, i was watching TV, when she came into the room wearing nothing but,,,OH sorry wrong story.here it is,,,,,(slightly edited from post) SHOW PROOF OR SHIP OUT Livid senators in interviews with the Philippine Daily Inquirer Wednesday wanted US Ambassador Harry Thomas to produce evidence that 40 percent of male tourists come to the Philippines for sex.Senator Panfilo Lacson raised the possibility that Thomas was misquoted in his report on sex tourism that came out last week.“He should at least clarify if he was misquoted by media,” Lacson said. “Otherwise he should apologize to the Filipino people or pack his bags and go home for being tactless, offensive and undiplomatic.”Senate President Juan Ponce Enrile and Senator Franklin Drilon challenged the ambassador to show proof that he was correct.“We dispute that statement, I certainly have not been shown the basis for that data. We challenge its correctness,” Drilon said.American males coming to the Philippines to satisfy their carnal desires is a reality, Enrile said.“However, I don’t think the statistics are correct,” he added.“We are not denying that there are American men who come to the Philippines to enjoy their life because Filipinas are attractive,” Enrile explained.“There are also many foreigners going to America to have sex with American girls and boys. It works both ways. Even Filipinos go there to enjoy the beauty of American women.”Still, Enrile asked Thomas to reconsider his disclosure.“If I were Ambassador Thomas, I would think about what I had just said. If we say the same thing about his country, he would feel insulted,” he said.Earlier, Senator Francis Escudero protested the timing of Thomas’ statement, noting it coincided with President Benigno Aquino III’s visit to the United States.Senator Pia Cayetano, chairperson of the Senate committee on women and youth, in a privilege speech reprimanded Malacañang for downplaying Thomas’ claim instead of responding to it.Social Welfare Secretary Dinky Soliman, who was in the Senate Wednesday, said “pertinent” agencies were already engaged in implementing antitrafficking and other related laws.Soliman said the Philippines had been taken out of the Tier 2 category for countries that had not fully complied with antihuman trafficking laws.Last week, Thomas told a forum of Filipino judges and officials that corrupt officials were involved in a very visible sex trade, and challenged the legal profession to eliminate the “scourge”.“We know that 40 percent of foreign men who come to the Philippines, including from the US, come for sexual tourism. That is not something I’m proud of. That’s not something you should be proud of,” Thomas said.He highlighted a high profile string of karaoke bars and clubs along Roxas Boulevard, one of Manila’s main roads on which the US embassy is also located, alleging they were infamous sex establishments.Prostitution is illegal in the Philippines, but the sex trade flourishes openly in many urban areas, including Manila.http://globalnation.inquirer.net/13953/say-sorry-or-pack-up-us-envoy-told-over-sex-remark

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

Whatever the figure, it's tourists keeping the economy alive. And, who cares what another guy is here for?

• Like 3

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
Whatever the figure, it's tourists keeping the economy alive. And, who cares what another guy is here for?
It sure seems that someone cares about where one sticks their penis(es) into or they wouldn't be fussing over the 40% statistic someone is so concern about! :mocking:

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
yes look at the jobs that would be lost if the tourists went elsewhere.look at what happen to Clark/subic when they closed down? what will happen to the "coddler's" who protect these illegal business ?they too would be out of work. who knows they might have to have a "REAL" honest job ?
  • Like 1

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

C'mon, the money from sex-tourists, or tourists in general, is a small drop in the bucket. When I go around Manila I see nothing but Filipinos - EVEN RICH ONES DRIVING SUV'S - and once in a while you see a foreigner with a scraggly beard and a dirty t-shirt, so I'm pretty sure it's not foreigners keeping their economy afloat. I wasn't aware that the 18 billion or so dollars sent to the Philippines from OFW's was actually Americans working in Korean and Japanese factories. Foreigners are a drop in the bucket. Filipinos MARRIED to foreigners and their relatives sponsored to live abroad are NOT a drop in the bucket, but US foreigners are a drop in the bucket.

• Like 1