Getting Tough On Sex Tourism

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

It appears that US Ambassador Thomas has opened a can of worms and made public what many in govt have kept their heads in the sand about forever. It looks like some wish to get tough on sex tourism and since they wish to decriminalize the prostitutes, guess who they will be making the target of their arrests. All talk like always, or are they finally serious, if so then good bye girly bars and hopefully none of us will get caught in their web by being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Malacañang in state of denial over sex tourism — Cayetano Cayetano is set to deliver a privilege speech on Monday to call on the Senate leadership to prioritize Senate Bill 2341, the proposed ‘Anti-Prostitution Act.’ The measure authored by Cayetano seeks to change the treatment of persons exploited in prostitution as victims of the system and not as criminals. It also shifts the accountability of prostitution from the prostituted person to the exploiters by repealing existing provisions in the Revised Penal Code. A senior justice official , however, said the government will come down hard on predatory sex tourists in the country.

sjp52
Posted
Posted
It appears that US Ambassador Thomas has opened a can of worms and made public what many in govt have kept their heads in the sand about forever. It looks like some wish to get tough on sex tourism and since they wish to decriminalize the prostitutes, guess who they will be making the target of their arrests. All talk like always, or are they finally serious, if so then good bye girly bars and hopefully none of us will get caught in their web by being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Malacañang in state of denial over sex tourism — Cayetano Cayetano is set to deliver a privilege speech on Monday to call on the Senate leadership to prioritize Senate Bill 2341, the proposed ‘Anti-Prostitution Act.’ The measure authored by Cayetano seeks to change the treatment of persons exploited in prostitution as victims of the system and not as criminals. It also shifts the accountability of prostitution from the prostituted person to the exploiters by repealing existing provisions in the Revised Penal Code. A senior justice official , however, said the government will come down hard on predatory sex tourists in the country.
But, but, that will reduce 40% of there tourist :)

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Pia to gov't: Step up campaign vs sex tourismIn a privilege speech, Cayetano mentioned a recent statement by US Ambassador to the Philippines Harry Thomas Jr. that up to 40 percent of male tourists come to the Philippines primarily for sex. "We need action from the executive department," she said. "Whether it is 40% of 5%, a handful or 1 millions tourists coming here to exploit our women, that is already too many vulnerable women and children exposed to a life of prostitution. And this we need to address.

• 2 weeks later...
joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

WoW!!!!Forgive me but it is the filipino women in all the dating sites etc etc who lure and give to the world the message come here to get laid!!!perhaps they should look over their own people and what they do.Shall i mention the talent agencies exporting "talents" to the world?Shall i mention the ktv bars? Prostitution with beer and songs...Shall i mention the men's health clubs?Shall i mention they hyprocriticism of these crocodiles? NOT THE FOREIGNERS ARE EXPLOITING FILIPINAS. IT IS THE OTHER WAY AROUND!!!!

• Like 2

Panserhansen
Posted
Posted

"Coming to exploit our woman". Haha. I cannot even sit down in a park with my book, without girls hitting on me. And I don't look like James Bond.

• Like 1

Garpo
Posted
Posted

The filipina get exploited for sex and the expat foreigner get explointed for their money. Seems like a fair trade in the oldest trade known to man kind. If I were ever elected king then I would have all foreigners checked and cleared from being on any type of sex offenders list before they are allowed into the country. Take away the demand and the supply will soon dry up.

Panserhansen
Posted
Posted
The filipina get exploited for sex and the expat foreigner get explointed for their money. Seems like a fair trade in the oldest trade known to man kind. If I were ever elected king then I would have all foreigners checked and cleared from being on any type of sex offenders list before they are allowed into the country. Take away the demand and the supply will soon dry up.
I thought they did already? At least I get a paper when renewing the visa, saying I am not on the black list.

gapotwo
Posted
Posted

I personally think that the phil. government should legalize the sex trade. but regulate the minimum age limit to 21 years old and have all the girls sign a consent to work in that trade without outside pressure. then tax their income and generate more sex tourism. but regulate the business to a certain area outside the town. have regular bus service from the airport. for a fee .to cater to sexpats and locals heading to that particular place, and stamp their forheads with the number of the preffered age of the girl that they want, so if any one has less than 21 years stamped od the forhead, they go single file in a seperate line to be marched out back into the bush to meet BUBBA AND HIS 45. so problem solved. make mo money and liquidate the pedos. what a deal, the girls are happy, the men are happier and the pedos are NO MORE. or they can go to thiailand or whereever else. just my 2 centavos worth. ej.

• Like 2

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

If I remember correctly, during the late 60s, girls/women 18 and over from bars, night clubs and massage parlors from the Philippines and also from Thailand had what they call health cards aka VD cards, which every week, every woman with these health cards were routinely checked for STDs/AIDs! So, customers only need to ask and or take the risks! Good for business and keeps STDs/AIDS some what under control, it's better than nothing at all!

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

If they legalize prositution they will loose a lot of ill gotten money through the corruption. Police will loose their daily tip from the establishements (whore houses of any form) owners, politicians the same and the circle goes on.It;s the way this country is, bahala na, if we do not like it...just book the first plane out :)

• Like 2