Getting Tough On Sex Tourism

Garpo
Posted
Posted

One of the oldest tricks in having less crime. What ever is a crime today? Make it legal tomorrow! Watch how fast the crime rate goes down.

• 1 month later...
Markham
Posted
Posted
The filipina get exploited for sex and the expat foreigner get explointed for their money. Seems like a fair trade in the oldest trade known to man kind. If I were ever elected king then I would have all foreigners checked and cleared from being on any type of sex offenders list before they are allowed into the country. Take away the demand and the supply will soon dry up.
Easier said than done, unfortunately. The US, for example, has no centralised sex offenders register, each State maintains its own. This causes big headaches for Federal agencies such as the FBI and ICE. And good luck trying to get information out of any EU nation - unless the enquirer is a national - because there are strict data protection laws. One way to reduce sex-tourists and other undesirables would be to require all visitors to obtain Visas in their native country before travelling here. It is much easier for the local Consulates to check the background of intending visitors than it is for an Immigration Officer at the port of entry. Regardless of that, most sex crimes committed in this country are by the local population.
  • Like 2

Curley
Posted
Posted (edited)

Having recently visited Zamboanga and travelled the city at night in areas where there were no foreigners, I can assure you there were plenty of "ladies of the night" waiting around on the streets, I'm sure they weren't waiting for a boat/plane load of foreigners to miraculously arrive.

Edited by Curley