Scientists Not So Sure 'doomsday Machine' Won't Destroy Earth

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Scientists Not So Sure 'Doomsday Machine' Won't Destroy Earth :th_thholysheep: Could the end of the earth really be soon? I remember many years back, seeing people walking around with those signs saying "THE END IS NEAR" where are those people now when it actually might be for real?Does anyone knows if those type of signs were only in the US or did it ever spread to other countries?Can someone please tell me why the heck they are going to turn this machine on, full well knowing that it might destroy the earth? http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,483477,00.html

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Scientists Not So Sure 'Doomsday Machine' Won't Destroy Earth :th_thholysheep: Could the end of the earth really be soon? I remember many years back, seeing people walking around with those signs saying "THE END IS NEAR" where are those people now when it actually might be for real?Does anyone knows if those type of signs were only in the US or did it ever spread to other countries?Can someone please tell me why the heck they are going to turn this machine on, full well knowing that it might destroy the earth? http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,483477,00.html
If I remember correctly its in a controlled structure,not as if they are shooting it into space.Also some girl committed suicide believing that the end of the world was about to happen because of this experiment when they played with it there a while back,too much hype and crap in the papers today just to sell the damn things.

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

Just be sure to apply maximum warp power to the force fields and that should contain it. Oh wait this isn't Star Trek. Oh Oh. Maybe we're fooked. :D :thumbsup:

Mik
Posted
Posted

It's just another hyped-up media scare. The only black holes on earth are the ones sucking up the billions of "bail-out" dollars.

johnrxx99
Posted
Posted

Fox News - is that an oxymoron, lolThe power needed to create a dangerous blackhole far exceeds anything we are capable of yet. The matter needed to last a second does not exist on earth let alone in the machine. Where do they find these guys?

tom_shor
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well I think that is what they are saying. The matter needed might be the earth. Trust me you won't feel a thing. :thumbsup:

Edited by tom_shor

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

BEEN THERE DONE THAT!DrStrangelove3.jpg

Edited by Old55

Mik
Posted
Posted

A sequel to Dr. Strangelove?

Mik
Posted
Posted

Science & Technology Scientists Warn Large Earth Collider May Destroy Earth December 15, 2008 BATAVIA, IL