Thomas Admits "kinda" He Made Up The 40%

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

THomas forced to admit he had no facts to do with the 40%Repeat a lie enough and it will seem to be the truth left wing Obama goons at work what a shameful moron.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

So I wonder who is really to blame for the numbers. The facts are simple, if anyone does a search for Filipina sex and other related topics, the internet is full of sites offering sexual tourism, along with many girly bars who openly have their bar fines or early work release posted, so who is really to blame for the blatantly open sex trade, I suspect those with their heads in the sand, or those who refuse to open their eyes and do internet searches. Also it seems the US was sending memos about sex tourism way before Thomas took office but I guess Thomas pulled that number out of his hat. Seems people on forums are not the only ones who misspeak, and Thomas might also like to learn to use words such as, IMO, some, many, up to, as much as, etc rather than just picking a number out of the air as if it was fact. MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) – Several US diplomatic cables published by antisecrecy group WikiLeaks have discussed the flourishing sex tourism and flesh trade industry in the Philippines.This, even before the ruckus caused by US Ambassador to the Philippines Harry Thomas Jr., who claimed that 40% of all male foreign tourists who visit the country arrive just for sex. Philippine 'sex tourism' bared on leaked US cables

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Guys.....Please forgive my President Obama rant it has out of line and unhelpful. It's not him but the shadowy movement here in the States that constantly spouts made-up numbers to do with child prostitution and trafficking. The local media almost daily posts dubious "story's" dealing with this subject. It would be interesting to know what the motivation is......yea money$$$$$It's effective when used against Filipinos as they can tweak Pinoy pride and dangle cash donations. I do feel ashamed at times when I see a Foreigner my age with a very young trashy dressed Filipina on his arm.

Braddo
Posted
Posted

U.S. Ambassador to The Philippines Harry Thomas has apologized for saying that 40 percent of male tourists visit the country for sex.The US embassy confirmed that Thomas has expressed regret for his comments.Thomas texted a Philippine minister that he should not have used those statistics without proof, the BBC reports.Thomas' comments during a conference had sparked outrage, as officials were unhappy at their country being portrayed as a sex haven.The U.S. has urged The Philippines to take concrete measures to prosecute foreigners who are found guilty of child prostitution and human trafficking.Manila has been trying to stimulate the tourism industry, which has lagged behind those of other Asian countries for several years. (ANI)