Expat Living And A Computer

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted (edited)
Because I never experienced this issue when did you switch to 64bit. The service pack one was suppose to fix the limit on memory.
2 months ago. Another thing I noticed is the file transfer speed. The SATA drives are still running around 15-25MB / sec but IDE drives are limited to 3.5MB / sec with the 64 bit system. In the 32 bit, I got 35-50MB / sec all around. Edited by Steve & Myrlita

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'm no computer whiz, but for me, as long it works well, user friendly and it ain't broke, there's nothing to fix! XP and Vista works great and also Google Chrome as my default browser! So why use anything else? I don't care for Windows 7, it just isn't the same as XP or Vista, but with some weird perks just enough to throw me off and make me scratch my head and say "what dah f&@k"! JMHO though!

Edited by Art2ro

• 7 months later...
Fatcat
Posted
Posted

What's a "USB dongle?"

Jake
Posted
Posted

What's a "USB dongle?"

It's another name for a memory stick. Sometimes, you must insert the USB dongle that comes with

a video game for security and game setup. My son in high school uses it to transfer word documents

and photos from one computer to another.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

What's a "USB dongle?"

Jake is correct - a USB Dongle can be a memory stick... And it can also be a USB Internet stick... A USB modem (broadcast)... A USB BlueTooth Rx/Tx... A.... What I"m saying is that a Dongle is something you can plug into your USB slot and achieve further functionality from your computer... (there I go again... geek talk!) The origingal USB Dongle was for BlueTooth but, as they all appear similar, the name just kind of spread around to include anything that looks the same.

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

What's a "USB dongle?"

Jake is correct - a USB Dongle can be a memory stick... And it can also be a USB Internet stick... A USB modem (broadcast)... A USB BlueTooth Rx/Tx... A.... What I"m saying is that a Dongle is something you can plug into your USB slot and achieve further functionality from your computer... (there I go again... geek talk!) The origingal USB Dongle was for BlueTooth but, as they all appear similar, the name just kind of spread around to include anything that looks the same.

Hmm.....very interesting. Can I insert my dongle to achieve further functionality and make you yell geeek-geeeek?

• Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted
Hmm.....very interesting. Can I insert my dongle to achieve further functionality and make you yell geeek-geeeek?

I don't think he would notice your micro usb dongle. :dance:

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

I don't think he would notice your micro usb dongle. :dance:

Yeah, you may be right about that Earthdome. That's why I have my "toys" always available:

http://gadgets.fosfo...sb-drives-ever/

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Would you believe I have a variation on the idisk? It's not so small that you can put it in your ear but it is close! Nice thing is I can keep it in my wallet...!

:mocking:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

What's a "USB dongle?"

Example, http://www1.smart.com.ph/Bro/products/starter