What Is Driving The Wish For Light Skin?

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

You can look throughout history and see how people want to take on traits of their conquerors. Rome started the big spread of Christianity. Spain took it South America, and the PI's. And look how many stayed Catholic. So there is a lot of that involved.Also I have had some black friends that have the inside/outside worker mentality still. Usually I see darker people thinking the lighter toned ones are acting superior. I can't see it but they do. So I stay out of it. A lot of my Indian friends are like that too.When they went through Michael Jackson's house they found lots of skin whitening products. I just don't understand it... but then again I am white so maybe I can't understand it? But I wish the girls would quit wearing that face whitening cream, it looks creepy!

i am bob
Posted
Posted
But I wish the girls would quit wearing that face whitening cream, it looks creepy!
You mean like in the 50s? With the cold cream mask at bedtime? :wt-hell:Seriously I myself want to get back to my nice dark tan look! When I had a full head of hair and also a full beard, many people thought I looked like I was from a much more southern country than Canada! My parents even had the paper re-run my wedding picture with my ex because, with my tan and compared to her, I looked like I was of... shall we say African descent?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
But I wish the girls would quit wearing that face whitening cream, it looks creepy!
You mean like in the 50s? With the cold cream mask at bedtime? :wt-hell:Seriously I myself want to get back to my nice dark tan look! When I had a full head of hair and also a full beard, many people thought I looked like I was from a much more southern country than Canada! My parents even had the paper re-run my wedding picture with my ex because, with my tan and compared to her, I looked like I was of... shall we say African descent?
Well by looking at your photo we can forget about a full head of hair but the good part is we can tan you up,no Jake not tan his ass OK.
  • Like 1

Dzighnman
Posted
Posted

Root cause Established :mocking:Following a comprehensive societal study of the Filipina skin color preferences... the actual root cause for all this extreme white desire has been traced to the following video:

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I don't understand...? Bright bright red lipstick and dark dark eye makeup aren't popular in the Philippines? :thumbsup:

Dzighnman
Posted
Posted
I don't understand...? Bright bright red lipstick and dark dark eye makeup aren't popular in the Philippines? :thumbsup:
Hey Bob, we must not go to the same Gaisanos'. I swear that the official uniform has to be lots of talcum powder on your face, bright red lipstick and a blue dress with black shoes. Some of the do try to make the best of it and add dark eye coloring... or better yet, blue or purple eye color. I often wonder if having to loook like that is appealing to them or not.... but it might explain the sea of frowning faces that greet you when you are shopping.

i am bob
Posted
Posted
Hey Bob, we must not go to the same Gaisanos'. I swear that the official uniform has to be lots of talcum powder on your face, bright red lipstick and a blue dress with black shoes. Some of the do try to make the best of it and add dark eye coloring... or better yet, blue or purple eye color. I often wonder if having to loook like that is appealing to them or not.... but it might explain the sea of frowning faces that greet you when you are shopping.
That's my problem! I have to get over there! You lucky ba(cu)stard!
  • Like 1

daisy
Posted
Posted

maybe most Filipinas wanted to look like the "little rich girl"....I gotta be selling whitening whatever....bow!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Higg-num
Posted
Posted

Perhaps I am truly ignorant of the world but for the life of me, I do not believe the skin tone of a " lady " has much of anything to do with how " Beautiful " she is. Though it cannot be denied that there are certain aspects physically that must be present, I simply find a WIDE array of what is defined as Beautiful . It has much more to do than dress ( Attire ), appearance or finical ( Wealth ) or education or even social status. ( In society or in the church )What is her heart like ? Is she patient & kind to others ? Especially those who may not have it as well as her. Is she wise ? Not compromising her standards but not arrogant OR boastful either. How does she conduct herself when in the company of her family and friends as opposed to how she maybe when no one really knows her ? If these qualities are not developed in her core character...how would one expect her to make a wife that could respect her Husband ?????I could go on and on but... what MAKEs a woman " Beautiful " is NOT something she does.....rather...beauty...something she IS.Then again, I am little more that an ole broken down solider whose never married. The very fact that I have never had or taken the time to date ( Court ) very many young ladies may have led me to an unrealistic since of honor and romantic attachments that simply....no longer exist in this modern world. : )Respectfully,Hig-Num

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
The very fact that I have never had or taken the time to date ( Court ) very many young ladies may have led me to an unrealistic since of honor and romantic attachments that simply....no longer exist in this modern world. : )
Its more fun in the Philippines. Your post suggests you don't live here because you would find out that what you describe still exists in the hearts of some filipinas, but hurry, its a limited time offer. With the onslaught from the Internet and MacDonalds making the girls fatter and more worldly there will come a day when that romance does not exist anymore.