Permanent Resident Visa For Investor?

omnivorism
Posted
Posted (edited)

ok thanks. Well I think even if I can't own land or a business, I can still become a shareholder in a corporation based company in many cases. I looked at one of the links I provided and it is pretty normal for a corporation to be partially foreign owned. Some really big companies would be on the public stock market, but I think there would still be some privately own company share options if you had the money. Although obviously this would require some caution and thought before jumping in.

Edited by omnivorism
  • Like 1

brock
Posted
Posted

If you are interested in buying shares in a company..Why not buy in your own country, Why risk in the Philippines ?

• Like 1

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I believe there may be some confusion over what an investors visa means in the Philippines and I am not totally sure myself. I believe the term investors visa is for a person who invests money in a business in the Philippines and not someone who works the market on the Internet. The Philippines is out for themselves, so unless they get something out of it, there would be no reason to give anyone a visa, so they issue them to people who invest in a business and my understanding is that the business would have to be owner a good part by Filipino partners. It is also my opinion that anyone who would go into business with someone they do not know for a lifetime would be gambling big time. I had been in businesses during my life with partners I knew for many years and even those situation had many issues, so many that I would never do it. As for channels, Skycable has CNBC and most channels you might need with their digital package, we even got Bloomberg. Channel lineup

• Like 1

omnivorism
Posted
Posted (edited)
If you are interested in buying shares in a company..Why not buy in your own country, Why risk in the Philippines ?
Because it could be a local company that I could see and check out, such as a real estate development company, that was incorporated, but not traded on the public market per say, yet might be willing to take on additional investors. Also, because my American dollars may go further in such a situation. Edited by omnivorism

Genius
Posted
Posted

I think the general consensus is earn abroad and spend locally, if you want surety of a reasonably impartial result if you invest and need to go to law, don't pick the phils. There is a reason why the phils lags on all external investment throughout s.e.a. After all.

omnivorism
Posted
Posted

yes, I am starting to agree.Not really so much that investing there is the most horrible idea, but truthfully, it is much less trouble and also more profitable just to keep trading forex.