Solon Calls For Review Of High Cost Of Power

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

It is about time. 10/16/2011 Zambales Rep. Ma. Milagros “Mitos” Magsaysay is calling for a review of the ballooning cost of power in the country which is now the highest in Asia and is seen to rival the cost of power in Europe to ensure that the public is not being overcharged for the electricity they consume.“It is sad that most of the increases are attributed to the payments made to the independent power producers that the government has entered into contracts with several administrations back,” Magsaysay said. “If we check our electric bills, these charges are actually accounting for a bigger part than the actual energy consumption.” More Here

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

with all the "talk" about HIGH ELECTRIC BILLS. it will highly unlikely we will see much of a substantial reduction in our power bills. Just read all the stories, It is really FXXXed up. excuse what i posted but.. 1 party doesnt know how much the other party owes or has invested, Napcor doesnt know this or that, it is like a terrible dream, who knows what the reality actually is regarding HOW TO OBTAIN lower rates, just talk talk, but NO real solution to solve this crisis, YES IT IS a crisis when you have such ridiculous rates, ,will I see much reduction in my rates within the next 6 to 12 months? maybe under .50 to .75 centavos(1 php maybe) but the BIG drop, I have no confidence that it will ever occur.not in my lifetime

• Like 1