Anti-Underage Drinking Act Of 2011

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

This one might be used against some of us, so I am posting about it here. Vice mayor supports bill on underage drinking House Bill 5101, otherwise known as "Anti-Underage Drinking Act of 2011," filed by Camarines Sur Representative Diosdado "Dato" Macapagal Arroyo and co-authored by Pampanga lawmaker Gloria Macapagal Arroyo, prohibits minors from drinking alcohol and penalizes those who provide them easy access to such products. Reports revealed if the bill is passed, minors violating the bill will be required to appear before schools to explain the dangers of alcohol abuse, among other community service activities. It also said that establishments would be penalized by a fine of P10,000 for the first offense, and P50,000 and revocation of license for second and repeat offenses. Arroyo said minors involved in cases of violence, sexual and drug abuse as well as suicide could be traced, among others, to underage drinking.

• Like 1

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

Good morning everyone, it is 6am and this post really made up my day by making me laughing. Not due to the poster but due to the hypocricy of the law!!!!Ok underage drinking is not allowed...fine, what about sniffing glue from a bag? Ragby is called and unless they stop selling glue or similar products, they can do nothing about it. So they better allow the youngsters of 15-16-17-18 to have a couple of red horse or tanduay ice than prohibiting them and lead them to more dangerous stuff. Or do they believe that these youngsters will have a party and drink coca-cola or RC...LOL!!!!!Perhaps they want to copy the US model "alcohol not allowed to under 18" but the US is a different society, structured in different mentalities and ways of living, the what they do, does not apply to Philippines.Perhaps they should copy paste the vin monopole system of the scandinavian countries and control alcohol even more to adults too...since they concern to add a law if you kill someone while drinking and driving you have no probation...But to enforce traffic rules, no one cares!!!!! Ahhh beautiful sunny and warm day is coming up, time for me to enjoy the views!!!!

• Like 2