Disturbing-Warning About This Video

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

This video is very disturbing to watch,it is graphic real video of a 2 year old girl run over twice and many people just walked around her without stopping. I have posted it here as I can not believe that this could happen anywhere. Warning:Please read above before viewing

Jake
Posted
Posted
This video is very disturbing to watch,it is graphic real video of a 2 year old girl run over twice and many people just walked around her without stopping. I have posted it here as I can not believe that this could happen anywhere. Warning:Please read above before viewing
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2011/10/nanjing-judge-blamed-for-apathy-in-toddlers-hit-and-run/ The link above explains the apathy of typical Chinese citizens. Also included was a woman who chose notto follow this and rescued a drowning victim. Her nationality will be a surprise. Jake

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Update :cheers: CHINESE TODDLER IGNORED IN HIT-RUN DIES A Chinese toddler who was ignored by 18 passers-by as she lay critically injured in the street after being run over by two vehicles has died, the hospital treating her said on Friday.Surveillance camera footage of people walking past the two-year-old girl, nicknamed Yue Yue, as she lay bleeding and unconscious sparked a wave of condemnation and soul-searching on China's popular social networking sites.A rubbish collector who finally moved the girl to the side of the street in the southern Chinese city of Foshan was hailed as a hero, but the incident also led many online commentators to question the state of Chinese morality."Yue Yue died of systemic organ failure," a spokesman from the hospital treating her told AFP, adding that no expense had been spared to try to save the girl, whose parents are migrant workers.Doctors had earlier said Yue Yue, who had been in a coma since the October 13 incident, was unlikely to survive.Yue Yue's death was one of the most popular topics on China's weibos - microblogging sites similar to Twitter - as people expressed sorrow and anger over the incident."Farewell to little Yue Yue. There are no cars in heaven," wrote one microblogger."Yue Yue was consumed for a week by the fake kindness of netizens ... All the wishes are fake and only the 18 passers-by are real. Farewell, and do not be born in China in your next life," another weibo user wrote.Many commentators speculated that the failure to help Yue Yue was motivated by fear of being blamed for her injuries after a high-profile 2006 case in which a driver who stopped to help an elderly woman was later prosecuted.Peng Yu, then 26, said he stopped after seeing the woman fall in the eastern city of Nanjing, but she accused him of knocking her down with his car, and a court ordered him to pay her 45,000 yuan ($A6,900) in damages."The judge in Peng Yu's case in Nanjing has destroyed the kindness of a whole nation and it is difficult to recover," one weibo user wrote on Friday.A commentary in Friday's Global Times daily said the incident had exposed the "dark side" of Chinese society, but rejected suggestions that the law should punish those who failed to help victims."It is more appropriate to establish a reward system for those who offer help, rather than punish those who do not," it said."The Yue Yue incident reminds us of where China is standing on the ladder of its moral development."Police in Foshan said the drivers of both vehicles that hit the young girl had been detained and would face trial.One was detained the night of the accident and the other gave himself up three days later, they said.

brock
Posted
Posted

That is absolutely terrible, How can people be so inhumane

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
That is absolutely terrible, How can people be so inhumane
Beats me but I know the video and the whole damn thing shook me up. I wont watch the video again as it upsets me.

Garpo
Posted
Posted

I can not watch the video but my question is where are the parents or baby sitter? Two years old, hit by two different vehicles and no parents until after a garbage cleaner moves her? I would think that the blame should lie first with the parents, that however does not excuse others for not trying to help. Is there no value to human life anymore?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I can not watch the video but my question is where are the parents or baby sitter? Two years old, hit by two different vehicles and no parents until after a garbage cleaner moves her? I would think that the blame should lie first with the parents, that however does not excuse others for not trying to help. Is there no value to human life anymore?
To me it appears that its in a market or warehouse type of place,near the end of the video a distraught person most likely the mother appears. Kids can wander off so quick so I don't think blame can be put here but can in my opinion be put on the drivers as the first knocked her down and then had to get the van over her at the back wheel as well,the second van ran over her legs a minute or so later while going around her.This did not look like a high speed thing so should be avoidable.As for the 18 others who did nothing as they past her by,what can I say. :cheers:

Garpo
Posted
Posted

The whole thing is just unbelievable to me. There certainly is a lot of blame that can be passed around to a lot of people. Yes, I agree, how can you be driving a van and run over a 2 year child and not know it. If you are a parent and have a two year old child in an area where traffic is going by, how do you not keep a eye on them?

Jake
Posted
Posted

One of the editorials says about the Chinese society in general: "we are all passer-by".

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

An update on this, hopefully the drivers will get what is coming to them. Chinese Toddler Death: Two Arrests Made In Killing (GRAPHIC VIDEO)Chinese police have arrested two drivers accused of running over a 2-year-old toddler who died a week after she was hit.