4 Of 10 Babies Born In Philippines Illegitimate

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

What is causing this to happen, a breakdown of morals? Too strong a wish to have children? Lack of birth control availability? MANILA, Philippines - Four of every 10 babies born in the country are illegitimate and one of them came from a teenage mother, the latest data from the National Statistics Office (NSO) revealed today.Out of the total 711,079 illegitimate babies recorded, 64.6 percent came from Luzon while 11.2 percent live births were born to mothers under 20 years old.An average of 4,782 births occurs daily, which is around 199 births per hour, or three babies per minute, the NSO pointed out.The top three regions with the highest number of live births were in Luzon area, namely, CALABARZON, National Capital Region, and Central Luzon with 204,148. The rest of this story HERE

Jake
Posted
Posted

Wow, one hundred ninety-nine babies per hour and 40% of them will go hungry each and every day of their miserable life. The church needs to get off their antiquated doctrine and assist the government, the poor and the needy. The current andfuture social infrastructure of the Philippines simply cannot support this population explosion. Otherwise, the chit will hit thefan and it's pointing directly at the bishops and cardinals.

• Like 3

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted (edited)

If they could stop having children for just 1 year, the population would drop by at least 25% (IMHO).

Edited by Steve & Myrlita

gapotwo
Posted
Posted

If there were jobs available to the poor, i think that the parents would able to afford to get married in church and produce a government document that binds the two as legally married. But when you dont even know where your next meal is coming from, and you have no money to buy birth control pills and are not educated on it ,these things happen. but then again i also wonder how much money was spent to come up with these figures? and should it have been used to help in the problem. the church wont help them. praying doesnt work, action does. tanks ej.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Four of every 10 babies born in the country are illegitimate and one of them came from a teenage mother
I read that as: 90% of Philippine born children have mothers who are 20+ and there is a trend towards independent decision making as couples choose live in partnerships despite the attempts of government and church to force marriage documents and artificial laws down the throats of the common citizens.
  • Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

What can anyone expect! It's the "Filipino's Past Time" as I would describe it, when they have nothing else better to do with idle hands due to no common sense, no education and no employment! That's how they got themselves into this mess in first place! So what to do now? Sit and wait some more and make more babies? :3_8_14[1]:

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Education will up lift both the womens & mans lives.my example is SPAIN. til the late 1970's early 80's the families was large, when the girls(women) was given more educational opportunities the native birth rate DROPPED like a hot potato. if it is practical(not in my life time maybe not in my childs either)that women here in the RP are given more increased educational opportunities ( not local politician photo ops ) with an equal increase in knowledge of both "natural" and 1st world family planning , OH GOD WATCH OUT. how much the country will change and improve for the better, but, other issues still remain,(which i will not discuss) if they can be resolved, helped or eliminated. this too would improve the overall condition of the RP 2item.. some of us members do help our "extended "families. how do we convince these people that unlimited(fxxxing) relations have dire consequences?how can it been done to show them that 1 or 2 children are much more desirable than 4 ,5,7 or more? do we provide the contraceptives or tubal ligations to show that we can provide them with the "tools" to have a better life? 3rd item, on a previous post an female member stated she was "offended" about that post.may I ask you and others what have you personally done to make sure in your "extended" family that unwanted pregnancies do not occur? what have you done to educate them ? YES,unwed mothers,children born out of wedlock may offend others, BUT it will not go away,nor disappear.what is terrible that in this country (yes a shame) that these mothers will in some cases be "discriminated" in some way in the years to come.(dont believe me. just look at the jobs wanted posters at many agencies.. SINGLE MOTHERS NEED NOT APPLY) in western nations, at least the government does provide some type of assistance. funding,skills or job training to uplift these women. again my post so far is not to offend any one person but to express my anger at how these women may live a less than successful life due to the LACK OF KNOWLEDGE of proper family planning( birth control)which in turns affects the innocent child who no fault of his/her own may have less opportunities to be successful..

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

i might be flamed now, it is all fault of the church and their teachings about birth control. I have personal experience on it. I have had numerous helpers who passed by my house, most left pregnant. after the first one i was advising them to use condoms on their relations, they were laughing and been told it is not the proper thing to do and that a man and a woman should complete their love as God desires and allows them to, after all it is a blessing having kids. I stayed speachless and mouth opened, i aske dhow will you feed this baby and what life will you provide, replied money does not matter.So now give the 4 out of 10 kids to the church to give them a father and the love they will never meet.ahhhh i better stop writting, i get more pissed.

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted
i might be flamed now, it is all fault of the church and their teachings about birth control. I have personal experience on it. I have had numerous helpers who passed by my house, most left pregnant. after the first one i was advising them to use condoms on their relations, they were laughing and been told it is not the proper thing to do and that a man and a woman should complete their love as God desires and allows them to, after all it is a blessing having kids. I stayed speachless and mouth opened, i aske dhow will you feed this baby and what life will you provide, replied money does not matter.So now give the 4 out of 10 kids to the church to give them a father and the love they will never meet.ahhhh i better stop writting, i get more pissed.
Totally agree with you Joe! If you're gonna get flamed, I'll stand besides you. Here are some ofmy feelings about the "church": http://philippines-expats.com/index.php?showtopic=9990&view=findpost&p=47876 Respectfully -- Jake

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

perhaps those who go after the journalist should go after those who "oppress" the women,my example is those who "clean up davao". (read between the lines)