From 5Th Worst, Naia-1 Now World’S Worst Airport

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted (edited)

WoW!!!! I have been travelling back and forth to Philippines the past 9 years at every2-months. Eventually i have been dozens of times through the airports of NAIA and Centenial (the PAL airport which the past year i frequent due to my tickets always issued with PAL grrrrrr).Yes it lacks on maintenance as everyting else in Philippines but it has all that i would ever need in an airport and even more. NO ONE ever scammed or even tried to do anything close to it, i do have an ACR and before that i was on visas and renewals and once the immigration officer started complaining and about to give me hell because he could not find the renewal of my visa, politely i showed him where it is in the passport (on the time it was a passport FULL of stamps from all over the world) and all ended well.Yes the duty free is a scam since the tabacalera cigars and marlboro cigarettes cost more in the duty free than in the store anywhere in manila. The sampaguita lounge is charging 500p for a coffee and a few cookies and condiments but i always pay it since i arrive in the airport very early (hate lines) and is nice to sit in their relaxing sofas and enjoy my time waiting.Safety and security...i am not the one to judge it since it makes no difference to me if i go through a metal detector or the sophisticated TSA machineries, the result counts and this i can dispute it.I do not want my wife drive to come and pick me up, why should she go through the hassle, i prefer to find her home fresh :) So i always take the airport taxis outside the naia arrivals terminal but before you go through the receiving area. They have a list of how much it costs to where, for a distance of about 60km i pay 1300p which is very fair. On the other hand at Centenial they have the same kind of airport taxis and catalog but the same distance was costing 1800p 8 months ago and 2500p 2 months ago...i complained but after flying all these hours tired and longing to go home i did not pursue it, i paid (felt bad i was ripped off but...)I have and keep on traveling the world, i can name dozens of airports worst than NAIA and i am not talking any remote countries in the middle of nowhere. The looks is not important to me but the services offfered is.and by the way, the site this info came is a crap, see the airports listing...#10 is LAX, if Los Angeles airport is the world's 10th worst airport then...i might as well am the wizrd of Oz...

Edited by joeatmanila
  • Like 2