American Vet And His Filipina Daughter That Need Our Help

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I really don't think this belongs in the emergency forum so I will leave it for another 24 hours and move it some where else.

• Like 1

piglett
Posted
Posted
I really don't think this belongs in the emergency forum so I will leave it for another 24 hours and move it some where else.
that sounds fair to me , i wasn't sure where to put it pig
  • Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Well Piglett, that makes more sense to me now! I signed the petition anyway!

piglett
Posted
Posted
what does ??

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
what does ??
That his daughter wasn't registered with the U.S. Embassy at time of birth! Makes a big difference and also she's now married and 30 yrs old! It will be a long wait for sure, but not impossible!

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Thanks for signing ,I knew about her, I only got to see her 3 times when she was 7 months old then her mother went into hiding with her. I didn’t see my daughter again until 2005. I found her on the internet the day before she turned 30 years old. When I found her she was married with 5 boys and has since had a little girl. Jimmy-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- thanks guyspiglett
That quoted part from the other forum probably answers why, since she is married and now has 6 children, I think they will fight her every inch of the way because they would not want her to go to the US and then bring over her husband and her 6 children, possibly at a later date, to possibly all end up on the dole since jobs are few and far between now for existing citizens. While that is no doubt unfair, I feel he needs a good lawyer to work through all the details and hopefully will eventually win. I wonder why he does not move to the Philippines in the mean time to be with his daughter, if that is the important part for him? I wish him and her the best of luck and hope they can get the law changed.

gapotwo
Posted
Posted

I have heard a lot of foreiners piss and moan about how foreiners have no rights in the philippines.then again imagine yourself in this girls shoes, at least you have a country to go home to. she and many others dont. they are stateless, america dont want them and the philippines aint gonna help them. i dont see what the big idea is by her father to bring her to america. is the father gonna support her and her kids in america? and what sailor would go out of his way to go to the manila embassy and register a live birth, assuming that he even knew about a child being born after his ship has left port already. in my opinion, the best way to help people in this kind of situation is to educate them that going to the USA is not the only option in the world. there are many thousands of people in these situations world wide and only so much help few people can do. My goal is to help and educate these children so they can make a better life for themselves or improve the one they already have. i have to say thet i am NOT signing the petition because i dont think that the western world is the solution to all problems . EJ.

• Like 1

piglett
Posted
Posted (edited)
I have heard a lot of foreiners piss and moan about how foreiners have no rights in the philippines.then again imagine yourself in this girls shoes, at least you have a country to go home to. she and many others dont. they are stateless, america dont want them and the philippines aint gonna help them. i dont see what the big idea is by her father to bring her to america. is the father gonna support her and her kids in america? and what sailor would go out of his way to go to the manila embassy and register a live birth, assuming that he even knew about a child being born after his ship has left port already. in my opinion, the best way to help people in this kind of situation is to educate them that going to the USA is not the only option in the world. there are many thousands of people in these situations world wide and only so much help few people can do. My goal is to help and educate these children so they can make a better life for themselves or improve the one they already have. i have to say thet i am NOT signing the petition because i dont think that the western world is the solution to all problems . EJ.
well the way i look at it is thisif the government is willing to keep the southern border wide open & allow 20 million mexicansto come in get free rent, free food, & free medical care, why the hell shouldn't pinky & all her family be allowed on in ? hell roll out the f*cking welcome mat ....rite? i don't see that anyone who breaks our laws should be getting anything....but they are. so while we are giving the store away why not take care of someone who should atleast have some rites. the road that this country is on does have an end & we may see it in our lifetime. piglett Edited by Bossman
removed political rant as per rules
  • Like 1

gapotwo
Posted
Posted
well the way i look at it is thisif the government is willing to keep the southern border wide open & allow 20 million mexicansto come in get free rent, free food, & free medical care, why the hell shouldn't pinky & all her family be allowed on in ? hell roll out the f*cking welcome mat ....rite? i don't see that anyone who breaks our laws should be getting anything....but they are. so while we are giving the store away why not take care of someone who should atleast have some rites. the road that this country is on does have an end & we may see it in our lifetime. piglett
Sounds very political to me, ive said my thoughts in that subject.thank you and have a good day. ej.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
well the way i look at it is thisif the government is willing to keep the southern border wide open & allow 20 million mexicansto come in get free rent, free food, & free medical care, why the hell shouldn't pinky & all her family be allowed on in ? hell roll out the f*cking welcome mat ....rite? i don't see that anyone who breaks our laws should be getting anything....but they are. so while we are giving the store away why not take care of someone who should atleast have some rites. the road that this country is on does have an end & we may see it in our lifetime. piglett
Two wrongs do not make a right, so while I agree with you that the US is doing little to stop the inflow of illegals south of the border, bringing in 7 or 8 more from the Philippines is just as wrong, even when the girl has a US citizen father. I would easily agree on bringing the daughter herself, but the children and husband are no direct relatives of Mr. Edwards, so sorry but I cannot agree on that unless Mr. Edwards is willing to sign a document of support for the whole family and can afford to make sure they do not end up on public assistance. The US has run dry and is running on borrowed time, so IMO helping it get there faster is not the solution to the problem.