American Vet And His Filipina Daughter That Need Our Help

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
well the way i look at it is thisif the government is willing to keep the southern border wide open & allow 20 million mexicansto come in get free rent, free food, & free medical care, why the hell shouldn't pinky & all her family be allowed on in ? hell roll out the f*cking welcome mat ....rite? i don't see that anyone who breaks our laws should be getting anything....but they are. so while we are giving the store away why not take care of someone who should atleast have some rites. the road that this country is on does have an end & we may see it in our lifetime. piglett
Two wrongs do not make a right, so while I agree with you that the US is doing little to stop the inflow of illegals south of the border, bringing in 7 or 8 more from the Philippines is just as wrong, even when the girl has a US citizen father. I would easily agree on bringing the daughter herself, but the children and husband are no direct relatives of Mr. Edwards, so sorry but I cannot agree on that unless Mr. Edwards is willing to sign a document of support for the whole family and can afford to make sure they do not end up on public assistance. The US has run dry and is running on borrowed time, so IMO helping it get there faster is not the solution to the problem.
According to U.S. immigration laws, the petitioner will be liable for whomever they petition into the U.S. and to insure that the person(s) they have petitioned into the U.S. isn't or doesn't become a burden to the State! I know that for a fact, because that is what it says on the form when I petitioned my wife into the U.S. after we were married and in turn when my wife petitioned her parents into the U.S. when she became a U.S. citizen after 4 years or otherwise they can be deported if the petitioned has no means of support and also they can not qualify for State welfare if still holding an alien green card! Edited by Art2ro

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
According to U.S. immigration laws, the petitioner will be liable for whomever they petition into the U.S. and to insure that the person(s) they have petitioned into the U.S. isn't or doesn't become a burden to the State! I know that for a fact, because that is what it says on the form when I petitioned my wife into the U.S. after we were married and in turn when my wife petitioned her parents into the U.S. when she became a U.S. citizen after 4 years or otherwise they can be deported if the petitioned has no means of support and also they can not qualify for State welfare if still holding an alien green card!
I had to do the same with my wife, but I suspect based on what has been said in the news story, that he is trying to get them to let her in on her own visa, so we do not have all the facts. If all he wanted was for her to visit and get to see the US at his expense, then that would be great, and if he wants to spend more time with his daughter, then I have to wonder why he is not spending time in the Philippines with her. There is a lot of info missing and I could not go along with it unless I knew more of the facts and knew the family would not become yet another burden on an already broken US economy.
  • Like 1