A Us Visa That Can Be Bought May Soon Come Into Law.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

A US Bill has been introduced to provide US visa to live full time in the States to anyone who spends $500,000.00 or more on a residential home here. http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-visas-home-buyers-20111021,0,6715779.story

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
A US Bill has been introduced to provide US visa to live full time in the States to anyone who spends $500,000.00 or more on a residential home here. http://www.latimes.c...0,6715779.story
That should help the elite of the Philippines, and it might even help the housing situation in the US to some degree, but I fear it will cause even more problems by bringing in some rich undesirables. I hope they make it part of the law that those who wish to buy, have to show where they got the money from.

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

Who said that US citizenship cannot be bought? I am having drinks right now and bored to search the link for it but as far as i know if you bring over 1 million USD in US and you want to invest it and employ US citizens....be their guest. A million dollars now days is not a hard task...

Jake
Posted
Posted
A US Bill has been introduced to provide US visa to live full time in the States to anyone who spends $500,000.00 or more on a residential home here. http://www.latimes.c...0,6715779.story
Hmmm....very interesting. The proposed bill called The Visa Improvements to Stimulate International Tourismto the United States of America Act, or VISIT-USA Act, does have some merit. The foreign investor must payin cash (no mortgage), must obtain a work visa with no medical or social security benefits. Now I wonder if the Philippine government would curtain this plan, having half a million US dollars for each richFilipino investor going to another national economy. But I'm sure the deep pockets of BOC and BOI will find away to get a piece of that pie. Jake

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Vancouver BC has been totally transformed by Chinese emigration and investments because Canada changed emigration laws in a similar manner at the time of Hong Kongs turn over.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Sounds good to me as long it will get the U.S. out of this recession sooner rather than later! :o

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I think all countries would be wise to charge a fee for immigrant status, but I'm glad they don't. My thinking is that every resident owes a share of the national debt of that country so if someone wants to immigrate then just pay up one resident's share and welcome aboard. If the population doubles due to that tactic, then the debt will be paid off.