Keep Fighting For Kevin, Imprisoned Without Trial In Philippines

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

I made a new topic so this can be discussed if people wish to. Philippine jails sound like they can be hell. Kevin Taylor arrested and jailed in the Philippines. Man's ordeal in Filipino jail cell Added, their story HERE

Edited by Mr. Lee
add links

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Without being negative I don't have much sympathy for Mr. Taylor, any Foreigner who owns or operates a business like that in Philippines is taking an unreasonable risk. I have no idea if their story is true or not I think there is a chance they were playing the system.

• Like 1

gapotwo
Posted
Posted

As ive always said, if a foreiner is involved in any type of business in the philippines, even if their name is not on document,(aka.the dummy law.) people will point at them when chet hits the fan. if they dont like you or you step on the wrong toes, you are automaticly guilty, of what? well you can sit in their jail while they decide what they want to charge you with. i do not agree with this kind of attitude but. it happens. sounds to me like kevin was set up bigtime by his previouse employees that he let go earlier. please people tread lightly when in unfamiliar surroundings. ej. :unsure:

Lordblacknail
Posted
Posted

Ok, I fell for Kevin, but does anybody remember his partner Charlene is in the same jail? Is anybody interested in doing anything about her plight? I have no idea of the circumstances that led to this, but remember, there are two people in jail, not just one.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Ok, I fell for Kevin, but does anybody remember his partner Charlene is in the same jail? Is anybody interested in doing anything about her plight? I have no idea of the circumstances that led to this, but remember, there are two people in jail, not just one.
Yup, I posted her story in the bottom link of the OP. It is my belief that they tried as many of us do, to skirt the law and just stay within it, but in the Philippines sometimes that can get a person in trouble. Naming the business his name and what they called it was not the greatest idea IMO because then it appears to be foreigner owned and visa based. I feel for both of them and their children and hope they can get a fair trial. Being in any business within the Philippines can be filled with peril for a foreigner, so while I always say it can be a nice place to live on a pension or other income, (I am not so sure lately) I personally do not recommend people move to the Philippines to work unless they are willing to stay under the radar and do a business that Filipinos probably would not be interested in doing, and most of all, do not step on anyone's toes while doing it. If anyone has more up to date info, please feel free to post it.
  • Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

more reasons of why not to invest or try to help these people. perhaps the "davao clean up team" needs to visit those who are complaining , i am sure with in minutes this would be resolve,(read between the lines statement)

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Remember this saying on another post of mine? It fits here because of the two Filipina sisters Kevin hired! It goes to show a Filipina's scorn! post-682-0-73354500-1319344457_thumb.jpg ​Anyways, that's why there are Embassies from every country in the Philippines so that their citizens are treated in a humane way and given whatever care or treatment due to them if incarcerated! Isn't their case a bailable offense? I guess not since they are still in jail!

Edited by Art2ro

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

To anyone who tried to skirt the law and ended up a victim I would say: As you make your bed, so you must lie in it