To Bail Out, Buy, Or Kiss Good Bye

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

Well, my wife told me that the harvest is worth 20~30k every 3 months (7~10k/month), which isn't worth the stress to me. Also, with trying to bring my family over to Taiwan at the moment and pay our own debts, I've got enough on my plate. The 65k is all my savings for November pretty much. The other option I gave my wife was if we put in 65k, I want 100k when they sell it. Otherwise, why am I putting myself at risk? I know the Philippines; there's a lot of risk here lending out money and it's just not worth it to make a few hundred of copra every 3 months. I called back though, and told her that since her cousin (uncle's son) is a police officer, he has enough salary and pension in the future to take care of his sons with or without that land. I asked her if she was willing to be poor for a month, because there'd be nothing extra after paying for food if we give them 65k for the land. Immediately, she said no way, and so I told her to just say no, we don't have enough money right now. Thanks for the advice guys.

• Like 2