Windows Xp Still Ranks As The Top Operating System

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

It stated that it's commercially sponsored by Debian-derived Linux distribution that focuses on usability! You must have had another OS or Linux when you first downloaded Ubuntu!If Ubuntu is so wonderful, why isn't it more popular than Windows XP? First I've heard of it or maybe it's just for computer experts like yourself! I'm no computer whiz, but Windows or any Microsoft OS and or software is fine with me as long it's user friendly! We're just making Bill Gates even more richer! :th_th7:

oldutot
Posted
Posted

I use the mac X lion at home. It's user friendly. I have windows XP at work

i am bob
Posted
Posted
It stated that it's commercially sponsored by Debian-derived Linux distribution that focuses on usability! You must have had another OS or Linux when you first downloaded Ubuntu!If Ubuntu is so wonderful, why isn't it more popular than Windows XP? First I've heard of it or maybe it's just for computer experts like yourself! I'm no computer whiz, but Windows or any Microsoft OS and or software is fine with me as long it's user friendly! We're just making Bill Gates even more richer! :)
My first Ubuntu installation was by going onto the Ubuntu website and asking them to send me a disk - postage free even! Or you can download it yourself for free if you have access to any computer... but either way it's free! And, once you have it on a disk or even on a USB Drive, there is a nice little feature where you can try it without installing it... Yup! Just run it off the ISO file (in other put the disk in the disk drive and turn on your computer - then just wait while it loads.) and enjoy it! If you like it, you can either replace what's on your computer now and install Ubuntu or set it up for a dual boot system (access to both Operating Systems on the same computer).The nice thing about Ubuntu is that it is very user friendly. Now when I go on Windows I am always searching for how to get things to work. Pay for apps? Usually you can find these for free as well. Included in the software is LibreOffice (formerly OpenOffice) which is a complete replacement for Microsoft Office. Plus it's great for audio or video uses. In fact almost all servers run Apache which is another flavour of Linux. If you check back on this web site itself, you will probably find Apache involved. I am lazy - I didn't look. I can go on and on but there is one nice thing I haven't mentioned yet - Bill Gates isn't get rich offf me any more!So why is Windows more popular? Afterall, the only group that really should stick with Windows (for now) are the hard core gamers. Linux is just getting into the same speeds now for gaming but most of the top games are still Windows based. But the biggest reason Windows is still popular is the same as why Intel chips are more popular than AMD chips - money! When there was nothing else but Windows, many manufactures of PCs were told that if they didn't put Windows in everything, they wouldn't be licensed for any Windows installations. It wasn't until the court cases were over that you started seeing other OSs out there. Haven't heard of Ubuntu before? How often do you hear advertising for something that is free? How good is it? Check out Android on your smart phones and tablets. Much of the development was done by the Ubuntu people and based it on Ubuntu - Google had partnered with Ubuntu through Conanical which is the name of Ubuntu's parent company.
  • Like 1