Cebu Pacific Promos

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

A few months ago i decided to take my family to Hong Kong Disneyland.Looked on flights and the cheapest was the cebu pacific through their promos if you fly from Clark. Driving back and forth to Clark from my house is very easy and without any traffic, so what the heck, i took it. Would go to Clark faster than NAIA even if double the distance.At the airport in Clark i was in a huge surprise of a total rip off. Airport tax 2700p per person!!!! plus some other taxes we ended paying about 3500p/person at the airport. Plus the non convinient flight times (flying to HKG and arriving at the hotel at around 11pm, so you pay one night hotel just for going there).I calculated all the associated costs and guess what, it would have been cheaper to take a normal flight, fly the times i want and not get extorted with some special taxes. It happened to everyone there not only me due to kano "discounts".Anyone else had similar experiences?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
A few months ago i decided to take my family to Hong Kong Disneyland.Looked on flights and the cheapest was the cebu pacific through their promos if you fly from Clark. Driving back and forth to Clark from my house is very easy and without any traffic, so what the heck, i took it. Would go to Clark faster than NAIA even if double the distance.At the airport in Clark i was in a huge surprise of a total rip off. Airport tax 2700p per person!!!! plus some other taxes we ended paying about 3500p/person at the airport. Plus the non convinient flight times (flying to HKG and arriving at the hotel at around 11pm, so you pay one night hotel just for going there).I calculated all the associated costs and guess what, it would have been cheaper to take a normal flight, fly the times i want and not get extorted with some special taxes. It happened to everyone there not only me due to kano "discounts".Anyone else had similar experiences?
Yes, from Mactan to Hong Kong, In October 2010 I booked round trip for 2 on Cebu Pacific and in October 2011 I booked on Cathay Pacific because they had a special on (Cebu Pacific always seems to have a special on). The cost of both 'all in' was the same. About 20K pesos for 2 people return.