Bella Trial Set This Month

Markham
Posted
Posted (edited)
If this 12 year old is also one of the witnesses that wrongfully identified the first couple that was arrested and released, it would seem to me that she would be a better witness for the defense than the prosecutor.
No she isn't. That witness isn't being put forward at all because of the likely criticism that her evidence is already tainted.
I was hoping to hear some actual quotes of what the witness said in response to questions.
You'll be lucky! The press generally don't sit through trials in this country but rather arrive at the end of each hearing session to gather "vox pops". However, official Court Transcripts are a matter of public record and are generally available around a week after each session. I suspect that the child was questioned in Visayan, rather than English, given her age - even though English is the official language used in all legal proceedings. Oh, I nearly forgot. All the hearings involving child witnesses are being held in the Judge's Chambers and not in open Court. Only two lawyers from each side was allowed to be present along with the witnesses' parents and a DSWD social worker but the Judge did allow Ellah Joy's mother and father to be present, though I am not sure why. Mark Edited by Markham

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
You'll be lucky! The press generally don't sit through trials in this country but rather arrive at the end of each hearing session to gather "vox pops". However, official Court Transcripts are a matter of public record and are generally available around a week after each session. I suspect that the child was questioned in Visayan, rather than English, given her age - even though English is the official language used in all legal proceedings. Mark
So you will no doubt get a copy, so hopefully you can post it here in whatever language it is in, and either you can get your wife to translate, or I will get mine to do it, that way member can see what is actually going on.

Markham
Posted
Posted
So you will no doubt get a copy, so hopefully you can post it here in whatever language it is in, and either you can get your wife to translate, or I will get mine to do it, that way member can see what is actually going on.
Are you volunteering to pay my weekly roundtrip air fare to Cebu so that I can collect the transcripts from the Court? :thumbsup: Mark

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Are you volunteering to pay my weekly roundtrip air fare to Cebu so that I can collect the transcripts from the Court? :thumbsup: Mark
I thought you said someone in post 8 that you received a report, so I thought that meant they were keeping you in the loop. I have faith in you that you will get a copy someway and if I was there then I would have been happy to pick it up for you, even if in a sealed envelope and shipped it to you. Let us know once you know.

Markham
Posted
Posted
I thought you said someone in post 8 that you received a report, so I thought that meant they were keeping you in the loop. I have faith in you that you will get a copy someway and if I was there then I would have been happy to pick it up for you, even if in a sealed envelope and shipped it to you. Let us know once you know.
Are you volunteering to pay my weekly roundtrip air fare to Cebu so that I can collect the transcripts from the Court? :10001: Mark
There's just a minor detail you've overlooked - it's a closed-door hearing and the case is sub-judice - meaning no reporting.

Jake
Posted
Posted
Are you volunteering to pay my weekly roundtrip air fare to Cebu so that I can collect the transcripts from the Court? :) Mark
Are you volunteering to pay my weekly roundtrip air fare to Cebu so that I can collect the transcripts from the Court? :mocking: Mark
There's just a minor detail you've overlooked - it's a closed-door hearing and the case is sub-judice - meaning no reporting.
"I am bound by the Judge's order so can not and will not reveal any details but I can tell you that Bella Santos was definitely not identified by the child witness. I received a copy of the report of the two hour hearing at 12.20pm yesterday from the lead Defence Counsel and know exactly what transpired. I will not comment further whilst this case is sub-judice". Markham, So, let me get this straight -- were you privileged to get the inside scoop from "lead Defense Counsel" during the proceedings?And now you are bound by the judge's order......not to reveal any further details. I could live with that. Additionally, I guess weshould no longer rely on major news media because according to your "sources", they have it all wrong?? And anything we comment using our own sources (news media) is just a fart in the wind for you. Nevertheless, please be carefulby posting anything that may jeopardize this forum. Enough said....... Jake

Markham
Posted
Posted

Jake I apologise to you and other members if I give the impression that my - and only my - information is "the truth". That's not my intention at all. I am trying to give you all as much information as I can but I am in a somewhat difficult position and I'm unable to release as much as I would like. Lee knows my situation because I have told him in confidence out of respect for his position here (the Admin). I hope you understand. The Press has its own agenda and much of the reporting serves their agenda. For the most balanced and unbiased coverage I would recommend the "Freeman" which is part of the Philippine Star Group. Mark

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Interesting.

Jake
Posted
Posted
Interesting.
http://www.philstar....bCategoryId=107 The report above is from the Freeman, just updated Nov 16, 2011. The title seems to be consistent withthe other media sources, but what do I know. I'm so confused right now. Yeah, very interesting indeed...... Jake

• 2 weeks later...
Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Since I do not live in the Philippines and do not read the local news unless I get a google news Email I am wondering what happened in this case, did I miss something?why is there silence on the matter? has someone been paid off and case dismissed? Or what? :13_4_10[1]: