Best Multicab Cebu Philippines?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

What brand multicab or multicab van do forum members find to be safe and reliable in Philippines?What Cebu dealers are known to be worthwhile?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Using 'safe' and 'multicab' in the same context gives me a smile. They are cheap. They are cute. Parts and mechanics are readily available. But I have known as many friends/acquaintances to get hurt driving a multicab as riding a motorcycle. Granted the injuries are not quite as life threatening but close to it. The reason or the injuries seems to be the lack of a crumple zone. Whatever hits you or you hit, the people in the front seat of the multicab are getting injured.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Thanks Dave, yea I know they have no crash safety engineering just a thin sheet metal box.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

So we found the Suzuki multicab to be a good quality van.The standard transmission comes with a turbo motor, the automatic a standard motor. Anyone own a turbo Suzuki? Due to the heat and poor maintenance is a turbo a good idea over there?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I don't, and never have owned one. I do know quite a few, (like 8 or more), expats who own multicabs and they seem close to agreement on a few things. Rusco is among the worst assemblers. Suzuki is a great multicab if you get the larger engine (approximate size 900 cc not 600 cc). The airconditioner never works well but it is better than nothing. 4 wd is a nice option if you are off pavement because they get high centered easy. Again, I never owned one. This is a compilation of chika chika from all the owners I know.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
cebu rocks
Posted
Posted (edited)

Some good info here dumaguetenews blogspot com/2008/05/multicabs-demystified.html

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
Left the info so people can find the link but Boss does not allow hotlinks to blogs
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Thank you Cebu Rocks.Update, our family has a new Suzuki van now. I call it the clown car. During our next visit we plan to invite a few forum members over and I'll get a picture of us "in" the van. Should be fun. I just hope Dave or I don't get injured in the process.

Tatoosh
Posted
Posted

Nice info from Cebu Rocks for sure! Now for trikes (motorcycle with passenger sidecar), Boracay has, by far, the best design in terms of carrying larger kanos, more people, easier access than any I've seen anywhere else in the Philippines. I swore that if we ever built one, we'd get the plans from a builder in Boracay. Heads above Cebu and Manila trikes. Wish I had take photos of them when I was there a couple years ago. If anyone ever finds a source for Boracay designed (or even built) sidecars, I'd love to hear about it!

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
Nice info from Cebu Rocks for sure! Now for trikes (motorcycle with passenger sidecar), Boracay has, by far, the best design in terms of carrying larger kanos, more people, easier access than any I've seen anywhere else in the Philippines. I swore that if we ever built one, we'd get the plans from a builder in Boracay. Heads above Cebu and Manila trikes. Wish I had take photos of them when I was there a couple years ago. If anyone ever finds a source for Boracay designed (or even built) sidecars, I'd love to hear about it!
Pictures?

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

i like this design built in Davao Citypost-1206-0-65884500-1329873198_thumb.jp

• Like 2