Filing Federal And State Income Tax Returns For 2011 Year

United Army
Posted
Posted

I have been using Turbo Tax for the past 10 years or so, I want to find something that is "FREE" to file my taxes this year and do it electronic ...any suggestions?

Garpo
Posted
Posted

I think you can file right form the IRS website for free. Try this link http://www.irs.gov/efile/article/0,,id=118986,00.html

• Like 2

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Yeah, I too used Turbo Tax for the past 10 yrs! Since money is getting tight all around, maybe trying to file my own income tax for free is about time as long it isn't too complicated (Thanks Gary for the reminder)! With Turbo Tax, it only takes me 45 minutes from start to finish to electronically file my income tax and pay on an average of around $60 just for the convenience, but I'll give it a shot with the free filing with IRS this coming tax year and see how it goes, but if it's too complicated, I'll just use Turbo Tax again!

United Army
Posted
Posted
Yeah, I too used Turbo Tax for the past 10 yrs! Since money is getting tight all around, maybe trying to file my own income tax for free is about time as long it isn't too complicated (Thanks Gary for the reminder)! With Turbo Tax, it only takes me 45 minutes from start to finish to electronically file my income tax and pay on an average of around $60 just for the convenience, but I'll give it a shot with the free filing with IRS this coming tax year and see how it goes, but if it's too complicated, I'll just use Turbo Tax again!
Yes, now that I have a simple life as for taxes, I can look at what turbo tax did on last years forms and just copy what they did on this years tax forms. Why pay them when I can do it myself now. Save some money...