Philippines Online Dating… Good Or Bad?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Is the idea of finding a Filipina love interest online so bad a thing? There are a number of members here who have successfully met someone special online. Is the Philippines online dating community full of transvestites, scam artists and gold diggers? In the past I’ve stated “meeting” Filipinas online is a poor idea. The fact is I have never met a Filipina online my wife and I met through someone here in the States back in the late 90’s. I’ve always stated the best way to meet a Filipina is through friends or face to face. I'm starting to think maybe I'm wrong.

Garpo
Posted
Posted (edited)

I might be the exception to the rule but I was able to find a great girlfriend who is now my wife online. I had however already made all of the plans to come to the Philippines before I ever started using the online sites and when I did I learned real fast to not send any money until I was positive I was not being scammed. There are some things that a person can do verify that the girl is real and not running some type of scam.

Edited by Garpo

CebuAndy
Posted
Posted

Can only talk from my own experience.I've spent numerous hours online in attempt to make good friends before I moved here. Since I got here last week, my mobile has gone hot 24/7 and a few Peso's has been spent on load (refill). Have sent a trillion text messages. As a prime newbie in Cebu without any gf in the area, I expected to get some dates as soon I arrived.Result so far: Zero.No meetings (well 1, but I dont count that), no dinner dates, no movie dates.A few (houndred) ladyboys do they best to tempt me. Same for the older generation, many my senior (and I'm no spring chicken) :dance:Even I known many of them for months, they all have some reason for 'no time to meet'.I told them all, we can meet in a Mall daytime, safe for them. From my own experience internet dating isn't a bad thing - so far for me, it's a waste of time.Gold diggers? I had many offers online.... P3-5-7.000 is what they demand dream to get.My profile are very clear, serious relationship, not look for short time, still ..... :angry:This afternoon a lady I've been talking with last 2 months, asked for 5K. Sometimes I wonder, should I rather look in the Bars? :bash:Seriously, one need 'lady luck' on the shoulder to find love and relationship on internet. Thailand where I used to live for years is worse without doubt, so I still have a hope to meet a Filipina looking for relationship.Friends of friends is the best method also used in Thailand.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I guess it just takes time Andy. I had no idea there were so many gays pretending to be Filipinas, I have been approached by transvestites now and then while visiting.

sjp52
Posted
Posted

The best way is to meet face to face, But online is ok too. I met my wife online and before her I talked to lots of very nice women online. If you are already in the Philippines you will eliminate a lot of the scammers online as they are hoping you stay at home and just send money to them. If you put your name in one of the dating sites and say you live in the Philippines you will get lots of activity. You just reply to them, where would you like to meet. As for ladyboys, If they know they will be meeting you right away I think they may think twice and you could always ask before you meet.

Curley
Posted
Posted (edited)
Is the idea of finding a Filipina love interest online so bad a thing?There are a number of members here who have successfully met someone special online. Is the Philippines online dating community full of transvestites, scam artists and gold diggers? In the past I’ve stated “meeting” Filipinas online is a poor idea. The fact is I have never met a Filipina online my wife and I met through someone here in the States back in the late 90’s. I’ve always stated the best way to meet a Filipina is through friends or face to face. I'm starting to think maybe I'm wrong.
I have tried dating sites and found them to be a minefield, however I did respond to one young lady who contacted me, she was too young to be in my searches but her profile was articluate and interesting so after deliberating I eventually replied and told her that I thought she was too young but that i liked what she said. The result was a lot of correspondence and chatting with cams and a visit by me to her place. I was amazed that we never had an awkward moment where both were at a loss for words or anything similar. I do have a lot of experience with Asian women/girls and their little stories but so far I have not caught her or her family out in any lies. The vast majority of replies and contact are in the order of "Hi, how are you?" or no profile except "If you want to get to know me contact me " Over the years I've tried many and usually give up after a gew weeks/months but this time it is enough to make me investigate further. I have found that the best way to meet girls is to join clubs (Golf for me) and very quickly you'll be offered introductions to women looking for husbands. Edited by Curley

CebuAndy
Posted
Posted

A week ago I had 300 + names in my phone list. Today most of these are in my "no" list, and I dont care to send more text, or initiate contact online.I found many of them to be just curious, but too scared to meet in person (even in a Mall daytime). Old: Yes, time is the key here, and future friends of friends.

Garpo
Posted
Posted (edited)

Here is some good information if you are doing or thinking about online sites. I friend emailed me this while I was still in the US before I moved to the Philippines. I used it as a good guide and i am sure it saved me many piso! The Philippines incidence of scamming western men via the internet is increasing. Many men are looking for a filipina bride and they are meeting them on the internet. These are some of the warning signs that scream: fraud, scam, cheating, stay away!Financial Need or Crisis - The girl is suddenly in need of money and asks for it outright

• Her parents or other close family needs surgery immediately
  • She needs money for next semester’s tuition to nursing school or she’ll be out of the program
  • She needs rent money or her and her sister will be out of a home living on the streets
  • She needs medicine
  • She needs to pay off an old debt or go to jail
  • She needs a computer or cellphone to be in tighter communication with the man

A high occurrence of these fraudulent relationships indicate that western men are seen as a targets by these professional hustlers who use internet café’s as their place of business. Or if they’re very experienced they already have a computer at home that a previous internet boyfriend bought her. Interestingly, even men posing as women, whether truly transsexual or not, have become popular in Cebu city. Some have called them ‘golden-boys’ and they’re popular in the internet café’s as well.Generally, the culprits in all these cases are doing this to several men at the same time and they’ll allow the relationship to go on as long as possible. It’s an income and they have several streams of it coming at all times.The girls are prepared to meet their suitors if he wants to visit. She asks him to take her onvacation away from her home. So, the man doesn’t get to meet the family, and there’s a sign right there. This violates old traditions and is a warning sign as well. She’ll meet the man and perhaps be showered with gifts he brought her from back home.She may have a real boyfriend or even be married already and it could all be an elaborate plan ultimately to get the girl to the western world and eventually to get a divorce so she could then bring her original and true love to be with her.

Edited by Garpo
  • Like 2