Ex Gf Wants Her Address Off My Bank Account Right Now! Any Advice?

Retirednlovinit
Posted
Posted

Hi Expats I came to the Philippines to be hith a seeming nice lady.We used her address in Jipipad Eastern Samar to open a bank account and registerted it with US SSA. I decided she is not the one for me and told her we were splitting. She drug me to a police station today demanding that I remove her name from my accounts today!She also filed a complaint about me yelling at her in public. If you do not know, that is against the law! The police are requiring me to go to tha bank and see what is a valid address and get one.Then remove all of the references to the very "nice" lady. I am in Tacloban as a stop and do not want to live here. Is there any kind of service to provide an address I can use? Or I might get charges filed againts me. Thanks Bob Martin

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Hi Expats I came to the Philippines to be hith a seeming nice lady.We used her address in Jipipad Eastern Samar to open a bank account and registerted it with US SSA. I decided she is not the one for me and told her we were splitting. She drug me to a police station today demanding that I remove her name from my accounts today!She also filed a complaint about me yelling at her in public. If you do not know, that is against the law! The police are requiring me to go to tha bank and see what is a valid address and get one.Then remove all of the references to the very "nice" lady. I am in Tacloban as a stop and do not want to live here. Is there any kind of service to provide an address I can use? Or I might get charges filed againts me. Thanks Bob Martin
Cant you just remove any money and close the account?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I would close the account ASAP before she takes it all then get the heck out of town before she thinks of more charges.

• Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted (edited)
I would close the account ASAP before she takes it all then get the heck out of town before she thinks of more charges.
Sorry but yes, I agree. Close it and get outta Dodge. Remember foreigners have absolutely NO rights here. A local can have you locked up just for looking at them cross eyed. Edited by Steve & Myrlita
  • Like 2

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I am not sure what bank you have an account with but if it is one that has branches elsewhere, then you can go into a branch in another town and ask them to move all your accounts to their branch and give them a new address once you rent a place, my wife and I did that with some of the accounts we had in CDO and the Cebu branch of BPI took care of it for us. Possibly you can use another expats address until you get one of your own. I know Paul ancienrocka has a lot of services so possibly that might be another he might have added to his list or he might know of an address you can use. You can contact Paul and Elsa at Not at this address / Good luck and as others have said, just do it and get on with your life somewhere else.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Retirednlovinit,I guess you learned something from your ordeal concerning your dilemma, I hope! I have no further comments, because I think it's pretty much takes a little common sense what should be done in the near future when it concerns one's banking needs! We all live and learn, especially in the Philippines!

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
The OP answered this in an Email,his pension is paid into the account so that's why he needs an account or more so an address to open one.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
The OP answered this in an Email,his pension is paid into the account so that's why he needs an account or more so an address to open one.
He mentioned in his post the he has his U.S. Social Security pension (SSA) direct deposited into his account and was just using his girlfriend's home address as a reference! So, he probably has a passbook type of an account in his name only! All he has to do is give the U.S. Social Security office an new change of address and keep the same account open! But if he is no longer going to live in Cebu, he has to close out his account and reroute his SS pension direct deposit into a new account where he plans to live other than in Cebu, because SSA funds can only be withdrawn where the account was opened!

Garpo
Posted
Posted

Not sure how long it takes to reroute your social security deposit but I would not leave the area until you are able to confirm that your check is not still going into the account. If it were me, I would go back to having the check deposited to a US bank using a US address. You might also want to contact a local attorney as to maybe use him as a power of attorney and thus use his address as your address until you can get yourself relocated.