Cebu Pacific Promo

mike
Posted
Posted

I just got a flight to cebu from CDO for under 700 pesos all in !! arrive on Feb 26thTicket office was far from overrun suggesting that the economic slow down is starting to impact.As they say never been a cheaper time to travel, under $15 for a flight in and out of cebu to or from CDO and i believe cheaper than the manila route.Mike

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I just got a flight to cebu from CDO for under 700 pesos all in !! arrive on Feb 26thTicket office was far from overrun suggesting that the economic slow down is starting to impact.As they say never been a cheaper time to travel, under $15 for a flight in and out of cebu to or from CDO and i believe cheaper than the manila route.Mike
I wish they would drop the prices for international travel. :thumbsup: For 15 bucks you would think they would go broke quick,suppose its better to have the plane full than flying with only a few passengers.

Markham
Posted
Posted
Well I know someone who's just booked a roundtrip to Manila, staying there one night, and his ticket cost 375 Pesos.Mark

TheMason
Posted
Posted
I wish they would drop the prices for international travel. :thumbsup: For 15 bucks you would think they would go broke quick,suppose its better to have the plane full than flying with only a few passengers.
Cebu Pacific is going to a Tiger Air or Ryan Air business model. Exceptionally cheap fares, with a surcharge for the oxygen provided on the plane.

Markham
Posted
Posted
Cebu Pacific is going to a Tiger Air or Ryan Air business model. Exceptionally cheap fares, with a surcharge for the oxygen provided on the plane.
I'm not familiar with Tiger but I am with Ryan Air which is very probably Europe's most successful airline in terms of passenger air miles and route diversification. For Cebu Pacific to come anywhere near close to Ryan Air's success, it will have to invest in considerably more aircraft and infrastructure than it has now. It can not simply cancel a whole raft of flights if one of its aircraft goes "technical", which is precisely what happens now with Cebu Pacific. Ryan Air has sufficient slack in the system that it can bring a replacement aircraft into service in that eventuality.But the big difference between the two is the somewhat stricter regulatory authority regime in Europe. Oh and let's not forget that its much much easier to book a flight on Ryan Air than it is on Cebu Pacific!But I do agree with the basic premise of your post.Mark