Another Ktv Falls

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Probably not a great business to go into. Bar operators charged for exploiting minors 11/15/2011 SHE was hired as a bar girl to entertain customers of a KTV bar in Ubay town, northeastern Bohol. But 16-year-old Mia (not her real name) was also good for “take out” by customers who pay her P1,500 for sex. Mia, a native of Bohol, and seven young Cebuanas were rescued by operatives of the Regional Anti-Human Trafficking Task Force (RATF) last Oct. 21. Four persons were arrested for allegedly exploiting the minors aged 15 to 17. Charges of qualified trafficking were recently filed against the accused’s live-in partner, their “trustee,” and the cashier before the Regional Trial Court in Cebu City.No bail was recommended. A person found guilty of qualified trafficking faces life imprisonment and a fine of P2 million to P5 million. :)

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Probably not a great business to go into. Bar operators charged for exploiting minors 11/15/2011 SHE was hired as a bar girl to entertain customers of a KTV bar in Ubay town, northeastern Bohol. But 16-year-old Mia (not her real name) was also good for “take out” by customers who pay her P1,500 for sex. Mia, a native of Bohol, and seven young Cebuanas were rescued by operatives of the Regional Anti-Human Trafficking Task Force (RATF) last Oct. 21. Four persons were arrested for allegedly exploiting the minors aged 15 to 17. Charges of qualified trafficking were recently filed against the accused’s live-in partner, their “trustee,” and the cashier before the Regional Trial Court in Cebu City.No bail was recommended. A person found guilty of qualified trafficking faces life imprisonment and a fine of P2 million to P5 million. :)
As I always say,nothing to do with not a good business, its all to do with doing the right thing and working within the law. Minors are illegal and everyone knows it.

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

What, no foreigners involved? Good to see the news media is covering locals involved with this stuff to now.

• Like 1

Markham
Posted
Posted

Since there doesn't appear to be any foreigner involvement, that is probably all we will hear about this case. Fines will be paid, bribes will be made and it will be business as usual.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

So do I understand this correct? A local KTV owner can only be guilty of 'exploiting minors' whereas a foreigner caught in the same situation would be engaged in 'human trafficking'?

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
So do I understand this correct? A local KTV owner can only be guilty of 'exploiting minors' whereas a foreigner caught in the same situation would be engaged in 'human trafficking'?
Yes.
  • Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
Yes.
Hmmm....very interesting. I just realized how rules, regulations and policies can be written or be interpretedto be at a disadvantage for Caucasians living or visiting in this country. Is that reverse discrimination? Anyother countries this blatant against the "Kano"? My personal experience visiting Japan many years ago was not a pleasant one. Several times when a taxidriver opens the door (by remote handle), he would suddenly close it when I'm just about getting in. WTF? Jake