What Do You Think Changed The Moral Values In The Phl?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

The reason I ask is because of all the known children born to single mothers. Over 17 years ago when I met my wife there was a degree of moral values where in the provinces a girl could not even date or be alone with a male, and in fact one of our younger nieces ended up married because her and her bf got caught kissing behind the village recreation area. Back when I met my wife I did not even know but even holding hands was sort of taboo. I am sure glad her brothers did not decide to use their bolos on me. :3_8_14[1]: Back then even in the cities it was taboo for a single girl to not be a virgin, so what has changed? One thing I think caused some of it in the cities is cable TV. I remember visiting in 1998 when I saw Sex in the City on the cable TV in the hotel and said to my wife, "there goes the morality in the Philippines" because that show seemed to promote single promiscuous sex. Anyway I am curious what other think has caused the major change over the years?

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Money! The stresses in how to attain some, instead of just working to save a few centavos selling bottles, assorted plastic, aluminum cans etc just in order to survive! Money has different affects in the moral values and behavior of people weather they are the uneducated poor or the educated average person! I didn't include the well to do people who already have money, because they are already set in their moral value ways, attitudes and behaviors! "It's always a matter of money"!

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Money! The stresses in how to attain some, instead of just working to save a few centavos selling bottles, assorted plastic, aluminum cans etc just in order to survive! Money has different affects in the moral values and behavior of people weather they are the uneducated poor or the educated average person! I didn't include the well to do people who already have money, because they are already set in their moral value ways, attitudes and behaviors! "It's always a matter of money"!
I'm not sure I really agree its "all a matter of money", over time all culture and people change,some influence from western countries,some more freedom from information with modern communication which allows the people to see what else is going on in the world. OFW come back with a different out look and pass on their knowledge. You don't need money to feel the urge to have sex with a boyfriend,its natural even if your poor. My opinion is nothing stays the same,look back at our grandparents days,things change with time.
  • Like 1

Garpo
Posted
Posted

I think that the internet has had a whole lot to do with it. The world is shrinking because of it and the filipina women are now watching and doing the same as women in the other countries like the US and Europe. Facebook, twitter, etc. etc. are making it so that other parts of the world are not taking nearly as long to catch up with the first world countries. Be that for the better is a whole different question.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Just in a simple and generalized language, the moral values of an individual is due to one’s up bringing by their parents, grand parents, aunts or uncles whatever the case maybe! It’s money that affects one’s attitude and behavior! Moral values have been embedded in the minds of the majority of people everywhere in the world from their up bringing and it’s the taste of money that changes their attitudes and behaviors and not their moral values, because that stays forever in one‘s mind and soul, which we may call our conscience knowing from right and wrong! The saying "you don't need money to feel the urge to have sex with a boyfriend or girlfriend, it's natural even if you're poor"! And it's even natural if one has money, but have the choice in not doing so, because one has better things to do with one's money, where one's conscience of moral value, attitude and behavior comes into play! So yes, IMO "It's definitely always a matter of money"! We've been there and done all that and having an adequate amount of money does help in a lot of ways to better one's attitude and behavior which should also strengthen or support one's moral values in the process! So tell me it ain't so!

• Like 1

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted
The reason I ask is because of all the known children born to single mothers. Over 17 years ago when I met my wife there was a degree of moral values where in the provinces a girl could not even date or be alone with a male, and in fact one of our younger nieces ended up married because her and her bf got caught kissing behind the village recreation area. Back when I met my wife I did not even know but even holding hands was sort of taboo. I am sure glad her brothers did not decide to use their bolos on me. :thumbsup: Back then even in the cities it was taboo for a single girl to not be a virgin, so what has changed? One thing I think caused some of it in the cities is cable TV. I remember visiting in 1998 when I saw Sex in the City on the cable TV in the hotel and said to my wife, "there goes the morality in the Philippines" because that show seemed to promote single promiscuous sex. Anyway I am curious what other think has caused the major change over the years?
Before I read what you had to say, I was already thinking TV. Not necessarily cable TV but TV in general. 17 years ago, it was TV in the park. Hundreds of people watching a TV in the park because they were too poor to own a TV. Now most people own a TV. Even many squatters. Regards: Jim

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Just in a simple and generalized language, the moral values of an individual is due to one’s up bringing by their parents, grand parents, aunts or uncles whatever the case maybe! It’s money that affects one’s attitude and behavior! Moral values have been embedded in the minds of the majority of people everywhere in the world from their up bringing and it’s the taste of money that changes their attitudes and behaviors and not their moral values, because that stays forever in one‘s mind and soul, which we may call our conscience knowing from right and wrong! The saying "you don't need money to feel the urge to have sex with a boyfriend or girlfriend, it's natural even if you're poor"! And it's even natural if one has money, but have the choice in not doing so, because one has better things to do with one's money, where one's conscience of moral value, attitude and behavior comes into play! So yes, IMO "It's definitely always a matter of money"! We've been there and done all that and having an adequate amount of money does help in a lot of ways to better one's attitude and behavior which should also strengthen or support one's moral values in the process! So tell me it ain't so!
So what you are saying Art is that those in the Philippines that have money do not get pregnant accidently or do not have sex with a boyfriend because their pocket is full of money? Those with money are not human ? I tell you it ain't so :)

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
So what you are saying Art is that those in the Philippines that have money do not get pregnant accidently or do not have sex with a boyfriend because their pocket is full of money? Those with money are not human ? I tell you it ain't so :mocking:
Think and say what you like! Do you have a thing about talking over someone's head or are you just sarcastic in nature? :)

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
So what you are saying Art is that those in the Philippines that have money do not get pregnant accidently or do not have sex with a boyfriend because their pocket is full of money? Those with money are not human ? I tell you it ain't so :lol:
Think and say what you like! Do you have a thing about talking over someone's head or are you just sarcastic in nature? :)
you have your opinion, I have mine,is your right? is mine right? who knows and who really cares but I wont be silenced because I dont agree Why are people on this forum so damn sensitive? :mocking:

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Ditto to that! They're just opinions! So, who gives a rat's ass? Not me!I take that back, because I do care about other people's opinions derived from their own personal experiences and I value their honest and straight forward comments as I know other people value my honest opinions in return and some don't, which is OK by me!

Edited by Art2ro