What Do You Think Changed The Moral Values In The Phl?

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

I like the TV theory.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Few younger folks take the church seriously anymore.

• Like 1

ekimswish
Posted
Posted
Few younger folks take the church seriously anymore.
Probably a good thing.
  • Like 5

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Interesting topic that I have discussed with friends before, but not about Phils. I think the same factors mentioned above apply globally. Mass media, via TV, internet, or other means, allows people on the fringe to spread their influence easily and quickly. Young people are most easily influenced. I call it the MTV effect. I lived in Germany and saw it there. Now I am in N. Kentucky (Cincinnati area), the conservative mid-west, right? Not quite. I can't believe what I see here. Checkers at the market with tattoos on their necks, forearms, and fingers, like it is no big deal. Those giant African style hoop "earrings" that go inside the earlobe! "New" rude behavior unlike the past rude behavior of young people, because they see it on shows like Jackass. And of course the infamous baggy pants hanging off the ass of a white trash hip hop wannabe! (Those are a bit old fashioned now!) Where did they get these ideas? MTV (and similar places). I really think it has contributed to the downward spiral of our global society, not just Phils.

• Like 4

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

for those who have read some of the RP history, The War changed a great deal of the MORAL FIBER,what you talking about ED? before the war, people was more Honest,(was their ever human trafficking then) thats the easiest way to explain And stated elsewhere on this post.. TV has had some to do with the "decline" or Morality, The I WANT IT NOW SYNDROME , values taught both at home & school ,parents too have some "blame" as they are being more LIBERAL in their child rearing/raising this has a important part in the "decline"..

Garpo
Posted
Posted

Social networking undermining Philippines Catholic youth News Story

Curley
Posted
Posted
for those who have read some of the RP history, The War changed a great deal of the MORAL FIBER,what you talking about ED?before the war, people was more Honest,(was their ever human trafficking then) thats the easiest way to explainAnd stated elsewhere on this post..TV has had some to do with the "decline" or Morality,The I WANT IT NOW SYNDROME , values taught both at home & school ,parents too have some "blame" as they are being more LIBERAL in their child rearing/raisingthis has a important part in the "decline"..
Human trafficking has been going on for centuries, read Greek and Roman history or in more regent times American slavery of African people.

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

Maybe the OFW effect? People being supported at home by invisible parents or family members with invisible jobs, while those behind are on occasion, prone to laziness, dishonesty, and greed. On the other hand, those who are honest workers in the Philippines work their butts off for peanuts, so don't have the time OR money to influence their kids right. Where's the motivation?

• Like 4

Bundy
Posted
Posted

After reading the OP, the first word that came into my mind was MONEY!Now after reading the replies i see a lot of good points raised but for me i still come back to MONEY, it is the root cause of all evil and so i have to agree with Art. The human being has a basic need to survive and i think once you have descended to that level, moral values ( or any values ) simply go out the window. I also like the OFW theory but yet again that is related to MONEY!

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
for those who have read some of the RP history, The War changed a great deal of the MORAL FIBER,what you talking about ED?before the war, people was more Honest,(was their ever human trafficking then) thats the easiest way to explainAnd stated elsewhere on this post..TV has had some to do with the "decline" or Morality,The I WANT IT NOW SYNDROME , values taught both at home & school ,parents too have some "blame" as they are being more LIBERAL in their child rearing/raisingthis has a important part in the "decline"..
Human trafficking has been going on for centuries, read Greek and Roman history or in more regent times American slavery of African people.
YES thats quite true, but of the news,history I have read of the early 1900's philippinesI have YET TO READ OR FIND A SINGLE CASE.http://www.chanrobles.com/scdecisions/if you or other FM can locate any news articles or court cases from this time period, please PM me or post