Where In The Philippines To Live???? & How To Keep Busy

Curley
Posted
Posted

@ Jim Sibbick many thanks for a very thoughtful and helpful post. As many friends say....after retirement they don't know how they found the time to work. @Old55 thanks for the offer, it will be a few months away but I will remember you.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Since Baguio was mentioned, this news article might be of some interest to people thinking of moving there. Mercury falling in Baguio City A chilly morning greeted Baguio City residents on Wednesday as the temperature dropped to 13.8 degrees Celsius, from 15-16 decrees the other day. “The temperature is expected to drop to a single digit within the next few months which will be an added boost to the growth of the tourism industry,” Dispo said.The city’s lowest temperature (6.3 degrees) was recorded by PAGASA on January 18, 1961.

• Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted

No thank you. The constant warm weather was the reason that I moved to Tenerife from the UK.

tbplayer
Posted
Posted
Curley brought this up, so I thought it deserves a topic of its own. Where do you think it a good place to live and why?
I have had recommendations to look at Baguio and someone else mentioned somewhere else 45 mins outside Manila. I need to get my thoughts and requirements sorted.
Often a man will end up wherever his gf or wife is from, so that may be a huge deciding factor once and if you settle down. My wife was born in Mindanao but spent time in Cebu and her parents were from Naga Cebu, and besides that has two sisters and now a brother who live on the west coast of Cebu, so we decided on Cebu because of the central location and the international airport but we had been to Davao years ago, and I did not like it back then because there was not much in shopping back then, and on top of that there was always a lot of big shot Muslim higher ups living there, so we ruled it out, but it seems to now be a nice place to live from what other say, so we may have to visit again and then think about it some more. My wife and I also like Cagayan de Oro, since that was where I met her because that was where she was working, so it might be worth a look see too for others but since they did not have condos back then, we decided on Cebu. Baguio is much cooler and might be a nice place to think about because it might save a bunch in electricity because of the cooler temps. Arts area seems nice and we visited that area years ago and were thinking of moving there back then, but at that time they had no taxis and I did not wish to drive, but from the photos Art has shown, he is within walking distance to a lot of shopping and necessities, so for me Davao would be one to definitely look at and Arts area another if we ever decide to move out of Cebu. One main reason I like Cebu is because I do not stand out since there are so many foreigners and the people are very friendly. CDO used to be one of the friendliest cities we found but it has changed and I do not find it as friendly nowadays.
My wife is from Iligan City, and we plan to spend winters there in the next year or so and was wondering how it is there now as we have not been there in a couple of years :)