A Mans Bar Habits With A Filipina Wife

bows00
Posted
Posted

I just wanted to throw this topic out there because I know I will be in this delima if I ever hook up with a Filipina wife... First off, let me share with you all that I DO WANT A WIFE. A filipina of course (a cute one). And let me also share that I DO LIKE TO GO DRINKING WITH FRIENDS (at least once a week). There are times I will need to be with the boys (My Cave time). That is me... In my defense, however, I have always been faithfull to my past girlfriends... never cheated, not once. So the question is obvious, the title says it all - how will a typical filipina feel about this? And I understand that it is way easier to pick up girls from bars there. And I understand the level of trust will have to be up the ceiling for me to enjoy my recreational drinking habits... but how would a typical filipina wife feel about this? I know it depends on the girl, but culturally, if I arrive home smelling like cheap perfume will she feel like busting out a knife to cut off my privates? Or will she behaive more submissive and accepting - like a typical Japanese wife?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

IMO there is no such thing as a typical Filipina because they may come from different areas, so each may have their own special ways. If you find a lady who is self confident and you can show you love her, and only her, then you should have no problem going out with friends. My wife has no problem even when I have met friends at girly bars because she knows I would never cheat. It appears to me that a lot of the younger ladies are not as self confident, so IMO it will all depend on the lady you end up with, so it would be my advice to seek out one who is self confident and ask her up front if she would have a problem with you going out with friends.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

In my opinion or experience which may be different than others.To me it seems Filipinas in general are a bit more jealous than a western woman but on the other hand more likely to say nothing if something is bothering them. Not sure if I can explain that to well but anyway if your open with your girlfriend or wife about your wants and needs then it should be no problem going out for a drink with the boys.I have no problem when I am in Cebu going out alone,my wife will say, "What time you be home",my reply is always "early". She knows it means early in the morning,lol.Anyway if one is doing nothing wrong then its up to them what they want to do. :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Garpo
Posted
Posted

I would suggest that this is something that you should discuss with any potential girlfriend or wife long before you get to serious with them. If it is something that you feel very strongly about then it should be something that you should know her feelings on before you decide if she is the right one for you. Then no need to hide the knifes on your night out.

• Like 5

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

bows00,It sounds like you don't need a girlfriend or a wife for the moment, but a 'Man's Best Friend", Fido and a live-out maid without the hanky panky, that's just asking for trouble or better yet do your own housekeeping without a maid and keep the dog that's house broken! No other comments! :10001: :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Many Filipinas would be jealous of you going out alone drinking. They may not even say anything but they would not be happy. Once you get married why not take your wife along when you go out drinking?

• Like 4

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Another alternative is once married you can always invite friends over for drinks and visa versa and that way the ladies can do their thing chatting and the men do theirs. As Jake wrote above, sometimes the temptation is just too much for most men. I used to manage a totally nude night club in Florida before my current wife, so I have seen it all and know that the love of a good woman will beat the games we can play with the most beautiful of ladies every time, so I would never fool around, I am not sure how many others would be able to resist the temptation and especially after some drinking has dulled the senses. So possibly going out once in a great while for a special occasion such as a bachelor party or showing someone new around town might work, but Jake is correct, what is good for one might also be good for the other and there are many many many Filipino men out there who would just love to do a woman married to a foreigner, and if she goes out drinking, she also might do something she might not otherwise do because of the drinking dulling her senses.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

DANGER WILL ROBINSON, DANGER!

• Like 3

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)

WOW! What convoluted logic for such a simple thing. Since you are just in the planning stages instead of actually having to change things in an existing relationship, ALL you have to do is set things up in the beginning the way you want. (Again, repeat after me I MAKE THE DECISIONS.... repeat until it sinks in) I have had many people in here US ask me what my wife thinks about my traveling so much to the Philippines. My reply is always... I don't know... I never asked. I do ask about schedules and any obligations that I need to meet before I set my travel dates. But I do not ask permission to go any more than I ask permission to go to work! Nothing mean or rude or problematic in the relationship. But I SET IT UP in the beginning that I have my own schedule and obligations and path to follow. I am not going to change. So, it really is SIMPLE. Set up the 'rules' in the beginning. And on a personal note, forget the 'young and cute' Pinays. Look for an attractive woman who is a widow or divorced (right) with grown kids and no dreams to be anything other than your gf / woman / wife. You will have a lot less issues and with a clear, well defined beginning on 'who' is incharge, you will have a much easier time in life. But remember, nothing I have said here is intended for you to be an ass or drunk or mean spirited foreigner.

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 1