A Mans Bar Habits With A Filipina Wife

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I think that this topic is been thought as if the OP is talking about girly bars which he is not, he says going out for a few drinks with the boys which means places like Elgeckos and Sandtrap and Gustavian. Our Place, etc if he was in Cebu. So these are just expat drinking bars so what is the big deal?

MikeB
Posted
Posted

"if I arrive home smelling like cheap perfume" does not suggest a night out at expat drinking bars with the guys unless some of them have strange habits like wearing cheap perfume. Sounds like you're not ready to be married. Nothing wrong with that, it's a huge commitment. Stay single and enjoy all the cheap perfume you want. Plenty of it here.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
"if I arrive home smelling like cheap perfume" does not suggest a night out at expat drinking bars with the guys unless some of them have strange habits like wearing cheap perfume. Sounds like you're not ready to be married. Nothing wrong with that, it's a huge commitment. Stay single and enjoy all the cheap perfume you want. Plenty of it here.
Most of the guys I know there wear expensive perfume but cheap hi heel shoes. :) Maybe the OP is not familiar with the different types of bars as one does not have to go to a girly bar for a night out with friends.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

But even El Gecko and Sandtrap usually have girls hanging around, so where there are foreigners, there are usually girls working the bars and even some hanging around. I think the last time Tom and I were at El Gecko there were three girls working the bar and I seem to remember one time we had a meet up there with some other guys and one guy was hitting pretty hard on one of the girls who was there, or should I say licking her softly. :D Sandtrap has a bunch of waitresses and sometimes girls swimming in the pool during the daytime.

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

I'm sorry but IMHO, when you get married, going to bars is something you willingly give up. You are no longer single and what you do reflects on your your spouse. If you want to live like a single then you are not ready to be married. No offense meant to anyone here just my humble opinion.

• Like 1

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
I'm sorry but IMHO, when you get married, going to bars is something you willingly give up. You are no longer single and what you do reflects on your your spouse. If you want to live like a single then you are not ready to be married. No offense meant to anyone here just my humble opinion.
Steve I think you see it the way many married Americans might, but other countries people and many married Americans do not see it that way at all, so for them it is perfectly normal for the men to go out drinking with friends. As I have said, I have done it on occasion when friends come to town or for parties and my wife does not mind at all. Edited by Mr. Lee
add

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
But even El Gecko and Sandtrap usually have girls hanging around, so where there are foreigners, there are usually girls working the bars and even some hanging around. I think the last time Tom and I were at El Gecko there were three girls working the bar and I seem to remember one time we had a meet up there with some other guys and one guy was hitting pretty hard on one of the girls who was there, or should I say licking her softly. :D Sandtrap has a bunch of waitresses and sometimes girls swimming in the pool during the daytime.
But the shops and sidewalks and jeepneys have females, females every where so whats the big deal if a girl is serving behind a bar,no different if she was behind the counter at Jollibees. Girls serve behind the bars here n Australia too and married men sit on the other side of the bar talking about sport or what ever is the flavor of the day.You walk into the department store and hundreds of girls are hanging around but this does not mean you have to slap their bums does it?You go to a party, male and females there, you all drink a few,doe's it mean everyone will be hitting on everyone or an orgy is about to rock the night away?I really dont get it,being married is not the end of a social life.
  • Like 1

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I agree and a man should be allowed to go out with his friends on occasions but not as a habit or it could cause problems in the marriage. As for girls everywhere, in the Philippines girls try to pick me up even with my wife on my arm, so add alcohol to that, the girls are also drinking at the bars from what I saw, and then you have two people who may lose their judgment. In the malls streets and other places, the girls are usually not drinking. It is a known fact here in the states that bars are where guys go for the easy score. Fill them with drinks and the next thing you know they are yours for the night, and that goes both ways.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I agree and a man should be allowed to go out with his friends on occasions but not as a habit or it could cause problems in the marriage. As for girls everywhere, in the Philippines girls try to pick me up even with my wife on my arm, so add alcohol to that, the girls are also drinking at the bars from what I saw, and then you have two people who may lose their judgment. In the malls streets and other places, the girls are usually not drinking. It is a known fact here in the states that bars are where guys go for the easy score. Fill them with drinks and the next thing you know they are yours for the night, and that goes both ways.
Again, the OP says he never cheats and what he says is what I believe so what is the problem? There is temptation every where in the world at times so why is having a few drinks with friends going to break the op faithfulness? I'm sure he has been hit on at other points in his life so why wont he be able to control himself now?
  • Like 1

Garpo
Posted
Posted

I think that in most relationships, be it girlfriend or wife, that as the relationship grows then so will the trust in each other. If you have no question that you would not stray then my guess is that it will not take long for your partner to have that same confidence in you.