A Mans Bar Habits With A Filipina Wife

Bil Brock
Posted
Posted

I don't go out much, but it is not a problem for my wife if I do. We trust each other and she has nothing to worry about anyway, If I am going out drinking with the guys she knows that the worst that will happen is I come back in a taxi drunk.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Will
Posted
Posted

To the OP, I agree with the others that say why get hitched if you still feel a need to sow the oats with your buddies. I'm reminded of the saying " when i became a man, i put childish things aside" (to paraphrase) No offense meant. One of my favorite sayings is Happy wife, Happy life! And I know MY aswawa wouldnt be happy with me out drinking with my buddies, so I dont do it. Besides, i would feel a little guilty having fun without her enjoying herself, too. But thats me. :/

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

When I was Courting my Wife, I never (Well rarely) saw her on a Friday night, this was always my Boys night out. Based on things said here and some life experience, Start as you mean to go on. Any lady worth the effort will soon realise that you need some space each week. I did not always go out but at least I had my time to do my own thing. now, when I am home, I still have my own space if i need it But! Every now and then I will say, I am out to so & so, do you want to come.

As some one has already said, this is the learning time, not just you but her as well. You are a long time Dead so enjoy the life you have. Once the door is locked, it is hard to get out. Trying to change things too late is where the Rot in a marriage can start. Like most ladies, suddenly come up with I need/want a night out will only raise a suspicion. Best get it sorted now before the door is locked and the key goes to MIL. :unsure:

I say this as the story usualy goes to her Mother for some advice. Never Dad cos he will be down the Pub anyway.

just my 50pence worth.

Jack P. :tiphat:

• Like 2

jode
Posted
Posted (edited)

Its my opinion that people are psychologically better off when most waking hours are spent with those of our own sex. It has been that way in most cultures of the world throughout history. It is a relatively recent phenomena in the west, to see the "joined at the hip" kinda couples who rely on each other for almost all companionship. This recent phenomena also coincides with the breakdown in marrage and relationships between the sexes. We are simply too differant to be able to fullfill all each others needs. Too much familiarity can breed contempt. I have found that most couples who are together constantly and almost exclusively are hopelessly insecure, and just plain odd. The man being less of a man than he should be and the woman being less of a woman than she should be.

We need time apart and with those more like ourselves to stay healthy. Let the woman gab with other women about things they are really interested in according to their nature and we will do the same. Take the pressure off each other to have to share all each others time and interests. Come together for meals and in the bedroom and if things go that far in old age.

Edited by jode
  • Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

jode .... I take it you aren't married

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Some men need their own time.... Other men would rather spend all their time with their wives.... And some men are never home!

There is nothing wrong with being any one of these men but for the sake of your (future) wives, please let them know up front just who you are!!! Why? Pay attention now...

Some wives need their own time... Some wives would rather spend all their time with their husbands.... And some wives don't want to ever see your sorry ass ever again!!!

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Good post Bob.

The first I came to the Phills to visit my GF I went out every night except one. I was pushing for a reaction from her by going out every night no reaction. The second time I visited I never went out alone once I did not even have a drink, yes I did know people here who I could have had a drink with. My Gf asked me why don`t you go out you did last time I said I was on holiday last time and this time I have come to see you so I will stay with you. It was only a short visit a last minute thing where I found I had some spare time. The third time I came I used to go out about twice a week as she was working the evening shift and it was boring sat there alone. Fourth time about once every ten days. This time started about once every ten days but for two months have not had a drink. But I do need my own space sometimes and get that when I go to the gym or when I go for a walk on my own as she is not so mobile anymore, this also gives her free time which I am sure she needs from me. I think next time I have a drink will be a very cheap evening as I will probably be drunk on two bottles of sml. Anyway everybody is different and all have their own needs and as long as both man and woman are happy with it ok if not argument time which aint nice.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

And an excellent post by you too sir!

That is the name of the game... Keep the one you love happy and they will do the same for you! And thus you will have your free time when you really want it and guilt-free too!

• Like 1

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Guess I am doing pretty good. Been married 7 years and my wife lets me go anywhere I want. Her only concern is me getting home safe. All I need to do is call and say "on my way home" or "all is well".

I go out with my father-in-law and his wife in the province is the same way. They are just worried about us getting home. Getting held up and robbed is the concern for him, for me they fear kidnappers. We go to his old army buddies houses.

Everytime we go to Philippines for vacation I get to visit Angeles for a few days. I meet up with some expats I know there and like to see different changes over the years. And it always reminds me why I do not want to live there.

Now I do not take this as a liberty to go around and pick up women just to make this clear to all.

• Like 3

jode
Posted
Posted

jode .... I take it you aren't married

no just preparing my lines for when i am.