Philippines Balikbayan Pilferage Problem

piglett
Posted
Posted
i like to take 1/2" plywood & build a box that will just slip into the cardboard box being used. no chance of them getting into the corner of my boxes
I had thought about using 1/4 inch wall panel because that crap is so tough you cannot even drive a nail through it but after reading your post it occurred to me that, when the wall panel gets wet it disintegrates while plywood still holds together. Thanks for making me think. What about 1/4 " plywood to keep it lighter and easier to handle. Did you try that?
the bottom was 1/2" so it didn't "blow out" & the sides were 1/4" i tacked the sides to the bottom with a finish nailer :mocking:if the bottom was 1/4" too how could i nail it all together? not enough "meat" so i went with the thicker stuffalso if the box gets dropped it should keep it's shape.piglett
  • Like 1

piglett
Posted
Posted
Maybe I have some use for those two big pieces of plywood in my basement :)
just make sure there are strong people on the other end when the boxes arrive.
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
Maybe I have some use for those two big pieces of plywood in my basement :hystery:
just make sure there are strong people on the other end when the boxes arrive.
Very true, my family had to bring someone in to open the box I made for that widescreen we sent. :lol:

Mike S
Posted
Posted

:23_11_60[2]: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: ...... just reminded me of when I got here ..... I had packed 3 of the largest BB boxes you could get and packed them to the max as I had been told that weight didn't matter ..... I had the neighbor kids load my van there and the shipper unloaded it for me there ...... but when they arrived 3 months later the poor van driver knocked on the door and asked if there was some one here who could help him unload and carry them into the house ..... and that was sadly me ...... payback on my self was a bitch ...... :mocking: :mocking:

• Like 3

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Makes me wonder with all the boxes I have sent.....Suppose someone was killed and put into a few huge 55 gal drum sized plastic bags, sealed up tight and put into the BB. Called for pick up at a local forclosed house and paid for in cash, sent to a non name / address / 0939xxxxxxxx phone number in the Zambonga mountains......2-3 months later...... what happens? Can't find the recipents to deliver the box..... What happens to the box? How long will 'they' let it sit in their local warehouse? Hehehehe just wondering..........