Another Expat Dead

kenn
Posted
Posted
Sad news.Always be aware.Overnight party? my wife goes to an overnight party... she would not be my wife
Exactly! Those of us who are married to a wonderful Filipina know this behavour is not normal she would be with her husband.
Very Very True..... A true Filipina asking a question like, Oh I want to go out on an overnight party, can I go or even just telling me that she is going??? Ok, I don't think so my dear........ that is not a TRUE one. I love my wife and I know 100% she would not even think of leaving me alone. Not that she has to ask, its more like a given that she would not want to leave my side. That is the difference which is what we all should keep in mind. Not that I am too old and just writing it off to be old man wanting to stay at home and letting my young chicky party. Like all of us here, we know when we have the true loved one.If she was to ask that...overnight party with out me....... proper response would be from me to her... hey next weekend, I am expecting a large bank transfer to me here in the philippines but I must sign a document to get it. Just wait until Saturday night, after I get my fund transfer and then we will be set...... then Friday night before , I would be gone....

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Sad news.Always be aware.Overnight party? my wife goes to an overnight party... she would not be my wife
Exactly! Those of us who are married to a wonderful Filipina know this behavour is not normal she would be with her husband.
Very Very True..... A true Filipina asking a question like, Oh I want to go out on an overnight party, can I go or even just telling me that she is going??? Ok, I don't think so my dear........ that is not a TRUE one. I love my wife and I know 100% she would not even think of leaving me alone. Not that she has to ask, its more like a given that she would not want to leave my side. That is the difference which is what we all should keep in mind. Not that I am too old and just writing it off to be old man wanting to stay at home and letting my young chicky party. Like all of us here, we know when we have the true loved one.If she was to ask that...overnight party with out me....... proper response would be from me to her... hey next weekend, I am expecting a large bank transfer to me here in the philippines but I must sign a document to get it. Just wait until Saturday night, after I get my fund transfer and then we will be set...... then Friday night before , I would be gone....
I think a few of us were posting at the same time, read up a few posts and get a better idea of what the news story really said please.
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Oh boy....... what an epic fail. Sorry boss! :541: 28.gifMan I've been known to go off topic but now totaly off the tracks.

kenn
Posted
Posted
I think a few of us were posting at the same time, read up a few posts and get a better idea of what the news story really said please.
I guess that I can't see what your talking about. I read the news story, maybe I am reading too much into this. Maybe its because I am currently buying one of those SM condo's being built in Tagaytay... and I am feeling uneasy about what happened to that guy

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well first, I doubt the 'lead pipe'. Lead pipes have not been used in over a century. Galvanized standard plumbing pipe... ok, I can see that. (Just like a 'cinder block' which also has been gone over a century.... Cement block is correct) Next, as for the wife being gone over night.... I should be so lucky! Mine would chew my food for me if I let her! Damned annoying! I would be quite happy to have a night off.... if she would just go!As for more expats being found dead.... after setting aside the violence, more and more of 'us' are getting older by the day and would expect to see in the next 20 years the end of the WWII guys and a good number of Vietnam guys dropping dead. If any of you follow the AC blog by Harry, he publishes the deaths of a few each month. So you should expect to see more and more.Also, an interesting fact.... Just like you don't 'hear' the bullet that kills you (it travels faster than sound, so you are dead by the time the BANG comes to your ears) you will not read your own published obit! Hehehehehehe

Edited by Bruce

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I guess that I can't see what your talking about. I read the news story, maybe I am reading too much into this. Maybe its because I am currently buying one of those SM condo's being built in Tagaytay... and I am feeling uneasy about what happened to that guy
OKMy take is this,the party was to be held in the province where the wife was attending with family just like one might do in the US or Briton.In the province transport is not readily available as it would be in say Cebu city,how does one get home late at night? No; with family you stay the night.The dead guy has only one leg, in the province might mean a 5 mile uphill walk to the party,cant do it so trust wife as one should so says see you on Christmas day.The problem is most people relate to their back yard and cant see further,think about the reason why a one legged guy choose to stay home as not that much might be sinister about that.If no one can allow their wife to be with family then think about whether its possessiveness or insecurity on your own part.
  • Like 2

kenn
Posted
Posted
OKMy take is this,the party was to be held in the province where the wife was attending with family just like one might do in the US or Briton.In the province transport is not readily available as it would be in say Cebu city,how does one get home late at night? No; with family you stay the night.The dead guy has only one leg, in the province might mean a 5 mile uphill walk to the party,cant do it so trust wife as one should so says see you on Christmas day.The problem is most people relate to their back yard and cant see further,think about the reason why a one legged guy choose to stay home as not that much might be sinister about that.If no one can allow their wife to be with family then think about whether its possessiveness or insecurity on your own part.
Yes you are correct. If I was to see the signs, I would have no security. Knowing what my how or what my wife would do, she would not leave me. If anything we would pay for them to come and spend the time with us, at the pool.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Yes you are correct. If I was to see the signs, I would have no security. Knowing what my how or what my wife would do, she would not leave me. If anything we would pay for them to come and spend the time with us, at the pool.
I'm not sure if I understand you,are you saying you cant trust your wife for one night a year to be with her family without you? Are you saying you would rather pay for 200 relatives to be delivered down the mountain to feed on your food and drink your wine and stay at your house because you wont allow your wife to leave your side?We don't know in the case of the dead guy, it might have been a re occurring arrangement for many years where she visited family with family as he was unable to go,I cant for the life of me see anything wrong with that?

kenn
Posted
Posted

Sorry, I guess that I am saying that MY wife would not want to leave my side.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Sorry, I guess that I am saying that MY wife would not want to leave my side.
No need to be sorry for anything,I just think different situations result in different out comes and we all live our lives differently.For example a well known member here at times stayed in CDO while his wife visited family in the province, if he was found dead in his hotel would we all say it was his wife or family did it?Is there any reason why his wife could not be on her own for a few days? I know she would rather be with her husband but circumstances sometimes mean that its not possible so I go back to a disabled dead guy,maybe it was just part of life to be apart from his wife for one day a year.