How Much Is A Life Worth

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Their should be a way that you could sue the hospital or doctor for neglect, You hear of people dying for the sake of a few peso, I think it is disgusting that a government allows such things to happen...Welcome to Paradise
Not sure of the difference of a community hospital and government hospital as stated in the OPs post but I would think if anyone had some backbone then they would have said that the doc has no choice but do his job as a promissory note is all that is required.Someone can correct me if I'm wrong!
You would think that with the strong feeling for revenge with families here that some one would get even with some of these Doctors who watch while the victim dies. In my eyes the doctor is the murderer.
In many cases, "something" is arranged to get even. There was this group called the Red Sparrow in Manilaand of course the NPA out in the boonies. When everything else fails (government, PNP and justice system)I would not hesitate to drop a dime on someone. Have the local NPA put a black ribbon on somebody's dooras 2 minute warning. And then it's game over........!There too many people being oppressed, suppressed and tortured simply because they are poor and powerless.Jungle rules applies here once again.Jake
So who are you directing the kill to ? the idiot that fired the gun or the doc who wont work? If you shoot the councilor well I guess the bangaray will survive but if the doc gets a bullet too well maybe those who need him one day with a spare peso or two will miss out on treatment. ?????

sjp52
Posted
Posted
Their should be a way that you could sue the hospital or doctor for neglect, You hear of people dying for the sake of a few peso, I think it is disgusting that a government allows such things to happen...Welcome to Paradise
Not sure of the difference of a community hospital and government hospital as stated in the OPs post but I would think if anyone had some backbone then they would have said that the doc has no choice but do his job as a promissory note is all that is required.Someone can correct me if I'm wrong!
You would think that with the strong feeling for revenge with families here that some one would get even with some of these Doctors who watch while the victim dies. In my eyes the doctor is the murderer.
In many cases, "something" is arranged to get even. There was this group called the Red Sparrow in Manilaand of course the NPA out in the boonies. When everything else fails (government, PNP and justice system)I would not hesitate to drop a dime on someone. Have the local NPA put a black ribbon on somebody's dooras 2 minute warning. And then it's game over........!There too many people being oppressed, suppressed and tortured simply because they are poor and powerless.Jungle rules applies here once again.Jake
So who are you directing the kill to ? the idiot that fired the gun or the doc who wont work? If you shoot the councilor well I guess the bangaray will survive but if the doc gets a bullet too well maybe those who need him one day with a spare peso or two will miss out on treatment. ?????
It would only take one or two Doctors getting a bullet before they would wisen up and start treating people who are critical. I understand not treating people for normal issues when they can not pay but if some one is dying and you just sit there and watch. I wonder how those doctors would feel if their daughter or son was some where hurt and dying and every one said just let them die.
  • Like 2

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Do you mean he was shot BY the village councillor?
one of my wife's nephews wife was walking home with the younger brother of her husband only to be gunned down and killed because the village councilor for no reason except he was drunk
I'm not picking holes.... just trying to understand things.
Sorry, I used the wrong term, it was the councilman! It is a shame that when people live in an area, that they cannot even trust someone of authority.IMHO things have gotten much worse over time and I have just relayed a couple of things that have happened to our family, there are many more. In the 17.5 years of marriage, I do not think even one year has passed where something serious has not transpired, yet they have gotten progressively worse of late. One neighbor got mad at my wife's brother and attacked him with a bolo years ago, luckily with some medical help he survived. I could go on but what is the point, as they used to say on Monk, "Its a jungle out there" and if a person is married or in the Philippines long enough, then it is my opinion that they will get to see some of this first hand, or at least have it hit home. Many of our friends have told us similar stories of things happening to them or their families.

gapotwo
Posted
Posted

Life is cheap in the Catholic third world countrys, Always have been and always will be. until they wake up and realize that not everyone is going to heaven when they die, or marrys a ritch foreinger. I think that individual attitude plays a big role. How can you value other lives when you cant even value your own....the BAHALA NA mentality. :angry:

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
It would only take one or two Doctors getting a bullet before they would wisen up and start treating people who are critical. I understand not treating people for normal issues when they can not pay but if some one is dying and you just sit there and watch. I wonder how those doctors would feel if their daughter or son was some where hurt and dying and every one said just let them die.
Based on Kuya Lee's story, the councilman should be looking over his shoulder. An easy target especially when he'sdrunk again with "don't you know who I am" arrogant attitude. A weapon of choice is a hand crafted bow and arrow. It was a beautiful work of art. It runs silent and runs deep. A case of beer should do it.Regarding medical care that are selective and biased against the poor, it would be more complicated to get even.I would personally start complaining at the barangay captain and work my way up. But as EJ mentioned, that culturecalled "bahala na" (complacency, feeling of whatever......because you can't fight it anyway) is all too common amongcommon folks. But then again, somehow -- someway the local NPA (New People's Army) gets wind of this medicalprejudice and black ribbons will be distributed.Respectfully -- Jake

gapotwo
Posted
Posted

Its a Dog eat Dog world out there, and ive ate some of the best. its a good thing we have the best law enforcement that money can buy, Its good to have ,1%20(72).gif Nice People Around. :angry:

• Like 3