Definitions, How Much Is Some Help?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I am sure many of you who are married into Filipino families have had people ask for help, but what does the term send some help mean in terms of pesos? When a family member tells you they have PhilHealth but need some help, how much do you send? p5000, p10,000, p20,000, p50,000, p100,000, p1 million, what does some help mean? Why are we supposed to be mind readers and supposedly have all the answers when the question is never even asked? and most important of all, what would they have done if we never married into the family in the first place?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Well I can see your rather emotional about this at the moment which is understandable but my view is send nothing until they tell you what they need. Simple fix, you tell me I send.If a foreigner never married into the family its survive or die depending on the situation,many millions don't have the luxury of a foreigner so they get by one way of the other but if we all try to save the world , Philippines we will eventually find its a lost cause except for maybe a small pocket of hope.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Its not that we are 'rich'. Its just that we are the richest they know. It means we are the strongest pillar around and when they need someone to lean on, we get the brunt of it. I am not as rich or as strong as they think I am and make sure all the relatives know that they have other kin who are bigger fish than me. Like the story of the 3 billy goats gruff. I cannot afford to be their safety net and I give very little. In the case you describe I would give 1,000 and suggest that 300 friends giving 1,000 apiece should be enough to help so they should start passing the hat.

• Like 2