We Survived Northern Cotabato

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

As I type this we are awaiting the flight from Davao to Manila. Northern Cotabato is an interesting place for sure. Last night my father in laws motorbike was stolen. "Car nappers" as the refer to them. They cut the thick chain off the gate in front of the house and also cut the chain on the motorbike. I was somewhat awake during the theft. My thought was it was one of the family going to the outhouse. Crime is pretty bad in the area. Even the Mayor and police are targeted for vehicle thefts. Hold ups at businesses are common. It happens so much it is not reported. We only hear a fraction of what really goes on there.

Curley
Posted
Posted (edited)
As I type this we are awaiting the flight from Davao to Manila. Northern Cotabato is an interesting place for sure. Last night my father in laws motorbike was stolen. "Car nappers" as the refer to them. They cut the thick chain off the gate in front of the house and also cut the chain on the motorbike.I was somewhat awake during the theft. My thought was it was one of the family going to the outhouse. Crime is pretty bad in the area. Even the Mayor and police are targeted for vehicle thefts. Hold ups at businesses are common. It happens so much it is not reported. We only hear a fraction of what really goes on there.
Sounds as though some night vision binoculars and a crossbow would be items for the Father Christmas wish list Edited by Curley
  • Like 1

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted (edited)
As I type this we are awaiting the flight from Davao to Manila. Northern Cotabato is an interesting place for sure. Last night my father in laws motorbike was stolen. "Car nappers" as the refer to them. They cut the thick chain off the gate in front of the house and also cut the chain on the motorbike.I was somewhat awake during the theft. My thought was it was one of the family going to the outhouse. Crime is pretty bad in the area. Even the Mayor and police are targeted for vehicle thefts. Hold ups at businesses are common. It happens so much it is not reported. We only hear a fraction of what really goes on there.
Sounds as though some night vision binoculars and a crossbow would be items for the Father Christmas wish list
If the people of RP are as family based as the Australian Aborigine, taking revenge may bring on warfare with the family of these thieves, though the sweet taste of revenge would be hard to forego. You might find brothers and cousins coming to try and burn your house down while you sleep. It can be a no win situation and from what I've read on this forum, foreigners are always in the wrong. Oh well, those that are expats have a lovely young finipina wife as compensation so got to take the good with the bad. Edited by wandibushman
  • Like 1