Npa In Northern Mindanao.

Bruce
Posted
Posted
http://www.philstar....rticleId=764569Here is a link to an article in www.philstar.com about NPA activity on NORTHERN Mindanao in the area of Agusan del Norte.I remember a recent post saying something that the terrorist activity is confined to certain boundries farther south and to the west.So for those who follow these things more closely, is this attact something new? Are they expanding their area?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
http://www.philstar....rticleId=764569Here is a link to an article in www.philstar.com about NPA activity on NORTHERN Mindanao in the area of Agusan del Norte.I remember a recent post saying something that the terrorist activity is confined to certain boundries farther south and to the west.So for those who follow these things more closely, is this attact something new? Are they expanding their area?
The NPA forNew Peoples Army, or a term given to them by many of the locals is Nice People Around, are all over the Philippines and in many mountain regions, and some of the people you may talk to in stores or wherever you go while in cities may be NPA or NPA sympathizer, so IMHO it is usually best to watch what a person has to say about them while anywhere in the Philippines. NPA are known to attack military and police stations but rarely bother civilians. They are even in parts of Cebu but they are not terrorists in the sense that would be a danger to us, unless word got back to them that you beat your wife/gf or possibly harmed other Filipinos since I am told that they consider themselves protectors of the people. While the NPA may be listed as a terrorist organization, and while someone within the group might know some in the outlaw groups, I personally do not fear them or refuse to go to areas where they are known to be.

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

I agree with Mr Lee.Foreigners mistreating Filipinos should be concerned about the NPA.Otherwise, their beef is with the government.They don't wear uniforms, so you are likely to have met NPA without knowing it, if you have spent any time in Cebu province.Regards: Jim