Attempted Break In. Where Can I Buy An Alarm.

Mike S
Posted
Posted
Hey Stroker good to see you back on and sorry to hear of your problem. I believe this company SSMi installs alarms since someone told me about it and it stuck in my mind because it has SM in it, so I looked it up for you. At least it would be worth a phone call. As others have said, an alarm is only as good as it waking you up, how your neighbors and the guards respond or react to it. and helping to alert you to get ready, so a good heavy baseball bat, a can of high pressure Wasp spray found in most hardware stores to spray them in the eyes while they are still at a distance from you, and being extra nice to the guards and telling the guards you would reward them any time they assisted you if your alarm goes off, might be of value. I buy our guards lunch and snacks once in a while and give them coffee or sodas and have even taken some of them out drinking with the guys, so I earned their respect and friendship and they always look out for me because of that. Stay safe and moving might be a good idea as well, if you actually feel it is because of some interactions you have had. Be safe my friend.
Hey Lee, that is exactly what I was looking for. I just emailed them. It's kinda early, not sure when they open.
Let me and others know if it works out, in case others might also wish to get an alarm. Also a move to a condo might also work to keep you safer, since the guards do not even let strangers into the building, and no one can carry out electronics etc unless they have written permission from the association. Condos are not for everyone but my wife and I enjoy our time in ours, so it might work for some others who do not mind living in that type of place, and who can do without pets.
No pets??? But Lee, I have been to your condo. I can hear your chickens / roosters quite clearly. Well maybe you don't think of them as your pets.....
Not sure if it is chickens as the sign on his door says,Two old crows live here. post-1-0-69909100-1325733764_thumb.jpg
Hummmmm ..... you sure it doesn't read "One Young Chick .... and One Old Buzzard" ........ just saying :thumbsup: :7_4_17[1]:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
If you are electrically inclined you can buy all the material yourself at most major hardware stores here and build what you want ...... I bought a motion sensor ..... flood light and wang wang wang alarm and hooked them up ..... tied the sensor into a 4x4 duplex electric receptacle box on a 12ft extension cord ..... now with the 4 outlets I can plug in any amount of of items that will come on when the sensor is activated .... and as the system can be moved to any electrical receptacle in the house both inside and outside (under cover that is) it is a truly portable system ...... bought all the stuff in True Value in Ayala Cebu ...... took a couple of hours to hook up ..... if you don't need a 4x4 with 2 receptacles you can use a single gang box with just one receptacle ...... just remember you are using 220 here which means you will have a hot leg on each side of the receptacle ....... not like with 120v where you have one hot leg and one neutral leg ...... really simple like I said ..... the motion detector simply makes or breaks the one leg to the receptacle .... so when the detector comes on it completes the normally closed circuit causing anything you have plugged in to activate ......
Mike sounds like a good set up; now for the question.,whats the back up plan when the bad guy pulls a fuse or the power happens to be off. Its good to have all these electrically operated security devices but I wonder how good it is unless there is a back up for the system. I know you can get window sensors with alarm that operate by little batteries but is there another backup for electrical type alarms?

• 2 weeks later...
Mike S
Posted
Posted

That's true Tom .... but in my case my electrical panel box is in my apartment and the main power feed to the building is 2 stories up and supplies the whole 4 story building ..... each apartment is sub-metered ... the sub-meters for each floor is behind a locked closet which has a security camera viewing each hallway 24/7 .... camera actually works as they caught some one steeling the cell phone of the security guard from his backpack while he was outside ..... turned out to be a helper of one of the tenants ..... and get this a security guard who had been here for years was caught eating someone else s lunch that was delivered by Jolliebee ....... we could never figure that one out as she knew of the cameras on each floor and that they recorded everything ..... hummmmmm .... I guess "hell hath no fury like a hungry woman" ...... :lol: ....... But power failure is one draw back but then if that happened my UPS alarm would go off and believe you me ..... we can hear it ..... hate those damn brown outs at night .... you have to get up to shut it off cause there is no way to ignore the noise .....But this set up only works for me here ..... if we ever move elsewhere ..... I may have to revamp my system ..... :hystery: :hystery: