Carcar-Where do you live ?

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
I can give you my totally biased opinion
Yeah, that's what we are looking for! :thumbsup: Actually I am looking at Talisay and Carcar because of favorable recommendations.

Bundy
Posted
Posted
I have lived for the last 6 years in Carcar. I bought a 3 hectare lot up in the mountains about 6km's from the center of Carcar town in 2006, I built a glass and wood house set into the side of the mountain and i love it up here. Cool breezes and no pollution, hobby farm to breed my dogs, chickens and goats. Crappy internet to annoy me every day, all is good.Carcar IMO is the last southern town that is livable over the long term for a westerner that wants the minimum in services without hjaving to drive a long way. It has the last, as you drive south from Cebu, real banks, supermarkets and hardware stores. That being said, i do not actually live in Carcar, i am about 10 minutes outside of town. Carcar can get real hot and smelly with its share of pollution and garbage, so i use it when i need to and if i need something specific, Cebu is an hour away.Anyhow, PM or some how contact me if you want to come on by when you arrive. I can give you my totally biased opinion over a beer or two if you (or anyone is really) interested ;-)))Bill
Hey Bill, i know you were never too fond of the local Carcar Gaisano but can you tell me if they have finished the extensions yet and what it's like inside now. They were still in construction when i left last.Hopefully the supermarket has improved some and definitely the food court needed a massive shot in the arm.

billten
Posted
Posted (edited)
Hey Bill, i know you were never too fond of the local Carcar Gaisano but can you tell me if they have finished the extensions yet and what it's like inside now. They were still in construction when i left last.Hopefully the supermarket has improved some and definitely the food court needed a massive shot in the arm.
Hmm, gotta take off the biased hat and respond ;-)Gaisano Carcar is actually a load better than the old place. Since the reno they have new stores inside the mall (Globe, soon to be MetroBank, etc) and the actual Gaisano is a lot bigger and cleaner. The service level and goods stocked are pretty much the same as the old store but the supermarket and store environment is a lot bigger and more 'western' in their style and feeling (better lighting, more air, wider aisles, etc.)Also, there is a new supermarket in Naga, it is a Metro so its the same groupo that own the metro spuermarket in Ayala. That means that its much better than the rest of the Gaisano stores for products and service. I often skip the Gaisano in Carcar and take the drive to Naga for our shopping, i really prefer the Metro there (they even sell frozen burritos at p23 each, mmmmm).The other new place in Carcar is a big Citi Hardware that is open now. They are very good and have saved me a trip to Cebu many times. Edited by billten
  • Like 4