Cost Of Wedding

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted (edited)

The pricing is irrelevent now but my own wedding 16 years ago cost about usd $1000. For that amount I got,- New wedding dress, later sold in Australia for $500- Wedding feast for 100 including several roast pigs. Although about 150 peole turned up to eat.- One night accommodation, at the site of the wedding feast- Hire of clothes for bridesmaids, ring bear, coin bearer, flower girls- Corsages for sponsors- Cage with coins for the coin bearer- Wedding giveaways- 3 tier cake with waterfall and pull out sayings- Church hire- Car hire and video coverage- DiscoWith things costing about 3 times what they cost then, maybe it could be done for $3000 now.Regards; Jim

Edited by MikeB
Removed duplicate post

Bundy
Posted
Posted
The pricing is irrelevent now but my own wedding 16 years ago cost about usd $1000. For that amount I got,- New wedding dress, later sold in Australia for $500- Wedding feast for 100 including several roast pigs. Although about 150 peole turned up to eat.- One night accommodation, at the site of the wedding feast- Hire of clothes for bridesmaids, ring bear, coin bearer, flower girls- Corsages for sponsors- Cage with coins for the coin bearer- Wedding giveaways- 3 tier cake with waterfall and pull out sayings- Church hire- Car hire and video coverage- DiscoWith things costing about 3 times what they cost then, maybe it could be done for $3000 now.Regards; Jim
In 2003 we had an elaborate garden wedding with all the trimmings at Villa Teresita Cebu.Total cost was around $2000, so that fits in with what Jim is saying.

• 1 month later...
Curley
Posted
Posted

$3,000 ? GULP I was not expecting it to be THAT much. :no:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
In 2003 we had an elaborate garden wedding with all the trimmings at Villa Teresita Cebu. Total cost was around $2000, so that fits in with what Jim is saying.
Sounds about right, I was quoted 80K pesos as a good starting point. The balance is paid after the marriage and amounts to half of everything you own or will own for the rest of your life.
  • Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
$3,000 ? GULP I was not expecting it to be THAT much. :unsure:
Its OK, the post you quote says $2000 so you saved yourself $1000 just by a gulp. My wedding cost something like maybe $200 so it depends on what you want. :no:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
With things costing about 3 times what they cost then, maybe it could be done for $3000 now.
Its OK, the post you quote says $2000
Jim is usually quite good with his prices and I bet that a wedding would easily reach $3,000 when you add a few bells and whistles. But the ancient one was the source that told me a basic wedding (basic being one that 'I' would be happy with) would start at 80K and that was a year or two ago.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
With things costing about 3 times what they cost then, maybe it could be done for $3000 now.
Its OK, the post you quote says $2000
Jim is usually quite good with his prices and I bet that a wedding would easily reach $3,000 when you add a few bells and whistles. But the ancient one was the source that told me a basic wedding (basic being one that 'I' would be happy with) would start at 80K and that was a year or two ago.
I'm just pointing out that a quoted post was $2000 not $3000 :no:
  • Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted
$3,000 ? GULP I was not expecting it to be THAT much. :unsure:
Its OK, the post you quote says $2000 so you saved yourself $1000 just by a gulp. My wedding cost something like maybe $200 so it depends on what you want. :no:
Jim says $3,000 Bundy says $2000 in 2003 and he agrees with Jim's $3,000 so I'm gulping at $3,000. Your $200 sounds much better but her ladyship wants a church wedding and all the trimmings for about 100 people. She did suggest that the reception would be at a beach resort and that we could provide minimal food and drink and that people would accept it. I cannot imagine people spending several hours at a beach resort with only a little food and drink but she says its normal. I think that a few additional crates of beer and bottles of Tanduay plus some soft drinks would be a mimimum. Anyone know whats the norm? She also tells me that toasting the bride and groom with say champagne would mean only providing champagne for the couple plus parents???

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Thanks a lot guys!Now I'm getting nervous! I might have to stay here and work for another month or two before I can come over! And I'm not the one asking about the cost of weddings! Actually I think she may be happier with a simple wedding so.... :lol:Just out of curiosity.... Those with the couple hundred dollar weddings... What did they entail?

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted
$3,000 ? GULP I was not expecting it to be THAT much. :mocking:
Its OK, the post you quote says $2000 so you saved yourself $1000 just by a gulp. My wedding cost something like maybe $200 so it depends on what you want. :yes:
Jim says $3,000 Bundy says $2000 in 2003 and he agrees with Jim's $3,000 so I'm gulping at $3,000. Your $200 sounds much better but her ladyship wants a church wedding and all the trimmings for about 100 people. She did suggest that the reception would be at a beach resort and that we could provide minimal food and drink and that people would accept it. I cannot imagine people spending several hours at a beach resort with only a little food and drink but she says its normal. I think that a few additional crates of beer and bottles of Tanduay plus some soft drinks would be a mimimum. Anyone know whats the norm? She also tells me that toasting the bride and groom with say champagne would mean only providing champagne for the couple plus parents???
Is it your idea to have toasts?It was not done at my wedding or any Filipino wedding I have attended.My wedding had one speech, given by me, in which I thanked every one.Regards: Jim