Perth Phili Direct Flight Info

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted (edited)

I checked with a Flight Centre travel agent in Perth and enquired about the availability and cost of direct flights to RP for both Manila and Cebu City. By direct I mean get on a plane at Perth and the final destination is Phili. Its always a bit of a milk run. I discovered that there is $AUD400.00 (P18,000) difference between direct flights from Perth to Cebu and Manila, Manila being the cheapest option. A return flight to Cebu City from Manila on the web at Cebu Pacific is P1998 so that leaves P16,000 free to pay for accomodation, other flights and fares or whatever your heart desires.I figured that a saving like that was worth giving the heads up.Cheers and Beers,Fred

Edited by wandibushman

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I checked with a Flight Centre travel agent in Perth and enquired about the availability and cost of direct flights to RP for both Manila and Cebu City. By direct I mean get on a plane at Perth and the final destination is Phili. Its always a bit of a milk run. I discovered that there is $AUD400.00 (P18,000) difference between direct flights from Perth to Cebu and Manila, Manila being the cheapest option. A return flight to Cebu City from Manila on the web at Cebu Pacific is P1998 so that leaves P16,000 free to pay for accomodation, other flights and fares or whatever your heart desires.I figured that a saving like that was worth giving the heads up.Cheers and Beers,Fred
FredPerhaps the best option is just go to the Singapore Airlines website and and put in your departure location and where you want to go,if going to Cebu you will be stopping a few hours in Singapore.http://www.singapore...?execution=e1s1Also prices depend on which dates you want.Here is the current price for departure 16th of Feb.post-1-0-90587200-1325997572_thumb.gif
  • Like 1

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted (edited)
FredPerhaps the best option is just go to the Singapore Airlines website and and put in your departure location and where you want to go,if going to Cebu you will be stopping a few hours in Singapore.http://www.singapore...?execution=e1s1Also prices depend on which dates you want.Here is the current price for departure 16th of Feb.post-1-0-90587200-1325997572_thumb.gif
Thanks for the link and info. Still the same situation though. I did a test flight arriving 8th April and departing 8th June for both Manila and Cebu City. I'm looking at getting a 59 day visa stamp from the consulate here in Perth for $54 I think it is. The difference between Cebu City and Manila is $AUD235.00 (P10,603) including local flight in this case. It seems there is always good savings to be made flying direct to Manila and supporting local airlines. Edited by wandibushman

Bundy
Posted
Posted

Unless you really want to see Manila, for the sake of $235 i'd be giving it a miss. All international airlines fly into NAIA terminal 1 unless ofcourse you fly Philippines Airlines which use terminal 2. Cebu pacific uses terminal 3. Add up your overnight costs in Manila, taxi fares and domestic flights, remembering you gotta pay departure tax even on a domestic flight in RP and you're not gonna save that much.Add to this the fact that Manila Airports are just an absolute pain in the arse, especially departing, whereas Cebu Mactan is an absolute breeze. Mate in all honesty i'd be persisting with a search for a cheap fare direct into Cebu.You're doing the right thing in getting the 59 day visa here in Oz. You can do it in the Phils but for a first time visitor, that's just another experience you can do without.