Starting This Year, No More 21-Day Tourist Visas!

Jake
Posted
Posted
Don't know if it helps, but the Dept of Tourism has extended the 21 day tourist visa to 30 days! Is this a big deal to anyone? Nothing mentioned about the 59 day visa thereafter! http://ph.news.yahoo...ign-slogan.html
It would be nice if BOI can extend tourist visa to at least 60 days. Even if this 9 days extension becomesofficial, I wonder if each and every immigration agent at every port of entry realize the change. Or willthey disapprove the visitor with: "sorry sir, 30 days out of stock".
  • Like 2

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
It would be nice if BOI can extend tourist visa to at least 60 days. Even if this 9 days extension becomes official, I wonder if each and every immigration agent at every port of entry realize the change. Or will they disapprove the visitor with: "sorry sir, 30 days out of stock".
:hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :cheersty:
  • Like 1

softail
Posted
Posted (edited)

Not sure if the Bureau of Immigration hasn't updated there site yet or not but for now it shows no change in policy.http://immigration.g...d=258&Itemid=98 Pursuant to Section 18 of Memorandum Circular No. MCL-005 and in the interest of public service, and effective immediately, no visa required temporary visitor arriving in the Philippines who wishes to stay here for more than Twenty-one (21) but less than (59) may apply for a visa upon arrival at the airport of entry instead of securing a visa waiver in the Bureau's main office or any of its field offices upon payment of $50.00 visa fee plus P500.00 Express Fee and P10.00 Legal Research Fee. The Chief of the Immigration Regulation Division is hereby instructed to inform all Bureau personnel and all relevant government agencies to proper dissimination of the memorandum circular. Doug

Edited by softail
  • Like 1

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted
Not sure if the Bureau of Immigration hasn't updated there site yet or not but for now it shows no change in policy.http://immigration.g...d=258&Itemid=98Pursuant to Section 18 of Memorandum Circular No. MCL-005 and in the interest of public service, and effective immediately, no visa required temporary visitor arriving in the Philippines who wishes to stay here for more than Twenty-one (21) but less than (59) may apply for a visa upon arrival at the airport of entry instead of securing a visa waiver in the Bureau's main office or any of its field offices upon payment of $50.00 visa fee plus P500.00 Express Fee and P10.00 Legal Research Fee. The Chief of the Immigration Regulation Division is hereby instructed to inform all Bureau personnel and all relevant government agencies to proper dissimination of the memorandum circular.Doug
Even if there had been a change of policy, it would be my expectation that the website would not be updated yet. It still says the maximum stay for a tourist is 1 year, many years after it was changed to 2 years.However, as I already said, Department of Tourism does not set immigration policy.Has any one actually seen an announcement from the Bureau of Immigration that the policy has changed?Regards: Jim
  • Like 2

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
Even if there had been a change of policy, it would be my expectation that the website would not be updated yet. It still says the maximum stay for a tourist is 1 year, many years after it was changed to 2 years. However, as I already said, Department of Tourism does not set immigration policy. Has any one actually seen an announcement from the Bureau of Immigration that the policy has changed? Regards: Jim
So, what Jim is trying to say is, "don't believe everything you read on the internet" because this is the Philippines and everyone knows how fast rumors and gossip spreads! Some people just don't have any faith in chismis and I don't blame Jim or others! :541: Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted

I arrived in Manila on Friday 13th Jan and was given a 21 day visa...... so much for this "wonderful new initiative".

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
I arrived in Manila on Friday 13th Jan and was given a 21 day visa...... so much for this "wonderful new initiative".
I believe I read it elsewhere saying it will start with the 30 day exempt-visas on 1st of February, but I can't find it anymore! DOT must be avoiding the issue, since it was leaked out before the slogan was officially released to the news media! Edited by Art2ro

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
This year in Philippines time can mean in 5 years time if at all,I dont recall a start date published anywhere.

twostrokes
Posted
Posted

I still think that countries should look at matching their visa requirements (restrictions) with the country applying those restrictions on them. I wonder what the visa requirements would be in the PI if their policy was applied to them for say their visits to the USA or any other country. It seems to me a tit for tat policy would work best. That also goes for investment policy, business ownership, land ownership and other issues. I have a feeling different decisions would be made when travel and living conditions, inability to send children to foreign countries for school and other benefits the wealthy have were hit with the same limitations they place on others in their own country.