Jus Sanguinis (Right Of Blood)

gapotwo
Posted
Posted

Tatoosh, thanks for the reminder of the palawan prison, there is a Port Barton near there that is named after a distant relative of ours. and whats left of the Barton clan in Surigao and Cagayan de oro where my grandfather settled in. I guess my lawyer will have to dig deep into my parents bloodline to prove that i qualify for my right of blood in the philippines. tanks EJ.

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hey Pare,Decisions, decisions between two tropical paradise: Maui or your hometown of Olongapo? I guess, they both havetheir pros and cons. But what the hell, take the plunge in exploring your hometown again, even just for a few months. Can you imagine all the brown sugar waiting for you?At any rate, here is my own test whether you're a Filipino or not: if you could down half dozen baluts while doing theJoe squat all day, then you are surely qualified......he, he.Balut farting all day -- Jake

Edited by JAKE
correct my sentence structure

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
Keep in mind that you are dealing with Embassy staff in a country where corruption is much less in evidence (the good ole US of A). Why not try it when you get here. I think you will find some people who follow the JusPeso rule and it would surprise me very much if you could not just buy your way in.
Well Dave just may have a point here, anything is possible in Manila with palms wide open to be greased as for BOI officials to look the other way! I myself may be in the same boat as you E.J. when I try to file for my Dual Citizenship in a few months from now, but I am for certain that my brother and I were on our mother's Philippine passport when we entered the U.S. back in 1956, but the original passport has been lost since then and only in 1961 did I become a U.S. Citizen by way of naturalization when I was 14 yrs old! Because when one is born in an overseas country, the child retains both citizenship status until they turn 18 yrs of age which they can chose citizenship of which country they prefer to be and that was what I did when I turned 14 in the U.S.! We'll see down the road what my results will be when I apply for my Dual Citizenship in Manila! E.J., Did you leave the Philippines using a U.S. passport when you first left the Philippines? If I was already a U.S. citizen when I first entered the U.S., then I wouldn't have had to apply for U.S. Citizenship when I was 14 yrs old. So, in truth, I was a Filipino Citizen when I first entered the U.S. because I was on my mother's Filipino passport upon entry into the U.S.! Well, we'll see what happens in my case when I do get ready to file for my Dual Citizenship in Manila! Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 1

gapotwo
Posted
Posted
Keep in mind that you are dealing with Embassy staff in a country where corruption is much less in evidence (the good ole US of A). Why not try it when you get here. I think you will find some people who follow the JusPeso rule and it would surprise me very much if you could not just buy your way in.
Well Dave just may have a point here, anything is possible in Manila with palms wide open to be greased as for BOI officials to look the other way! I myself may be in the same boat as you E.J. when I try to file for my Dual Citizenship in a few months from now, but I am for certain that my brother and I were on our mother's Philippine passport when we entered the U.S. back in 1956, but the original passport has been lost since then and only in 1961 did I become a U.S. Citizen by way of naturalization when I was 14 yrs old! Because when one is born in an overseas country, the child retains both citizenship status until they turn 18 yrs of age which they can chose citizenship of which country they prefer to be and that was what I did when I turned 14 in the U.S.! We'll see down the road what my results will be when I apply for my Dual Citizenship in Manila! E.J., Did you leave the Philippines using a U.S. passport when you first left the Philippines? If I was already a U.S. citizen when I first entered the U.S., then I wouldn't have had to apply for U.S. Citizenship when I was 14 yrs old. So, in truth, I was a Filipino Citizen when I first entered the U.S. because I was on my mother's Filipino passport upon entry into the U.S.! Well, we'll see what happens in my case when I do get ready to file for my Dual Citizenship in Manila!
Pareng Art, yes i left the Pinas for the first time in 1976 with my Us passport. before that the only form of ID. i had was mo DOD.dependants id. and my ACR. card from the US embassy in manila,that i got after taking oath of alegience to the USA on my 18 th. birthday, which i had to relinguish when they issued my US.passport in 1976. but that should not cancel my right of blood , that i aquired from my mohter who is a citizen of the philippines,born and raised like me and my father and grandparents before us. to me personally, it aint right. Im in this for the long haul just to prove my point. and if i am wrong then i still have my other pacific island to go back to , Hawaii...... And yes pareng Jake , i can still do the JOE SQUAT, and eat balut, but it takes me longer to do lately as i am partialy paralized. tanks EJ.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

E.J.,As I understand it in your particular situation, you are a Kano through and through from day 1 by definition, because you never held the status of Filipino citizenship! Yeah, it all seems to be a technicality in the eyes of the Philippine law and immigration! It's truly sometimes hard to understand why they do things the way they do and for what purposes! The Filipino government are good at double talk and red tape!

gapotwo
Posted
Posted

Well if it comes to me being a KANO. then i will just go back to Hawaii where i have my Jus soli , (right of soil) being a US state , and legally change my name to HEY JOE, or EH, BRAH as the Hawaiians say. but not till i am proven wrong. In the meantime life goes on. :( tanks everyone EJ.

• 4 weeks later...
gapotwo
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well Boys and Girls, i just got off the horn with a immigration lawyer thats in the PINAS. He was reffered to me by a relative. and is supposed to be DA BEST. im finding out that according to the Philippine Constitution of 1987, the third time it was wrote, that Article 4 section 1.2 under citizenship. that those whose father or mother are citizens of the philippines . Not like the previous constitutions of 1937 and 1973 that state that father and mother are citizens of the philippines. so im glad that they re wrote it. Kind of funny he said, that he has handled tons of cases on people wanting to leave the Philippines, and cant remember ever one like mine trying to enter the philippines. He said pinoys usually want out not in. So ill just go to Manila and get my Philippine passport there. At least i wont have to go home to my birth country as a tourist.As for his fee, dig deep, but for me money well spent.....Im a happy camper and outta here in 15 days. God help the pinas, IM coming home..tanks EJ. :thumbsup:

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
Deleted multiples. No original content removed
  • Like 5

• 5 months later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)
get my Philippine passport there
God help the pinas, IM coming home..tanks EJ. :thumbsup:

any updates on how it went when you arrived ? have you yet applied for Dual citizenship yet?

Edited by Call me Bubba

Beachboy
Posted
Posted (edited)

Glad you solved the issue. Lucky you were born after 1986 so the 1987 constitution applies. The biggest reward is being able to own property.

Edited by Beachboy
  • Like 1

gapotwo
Posted
Posted

Glad you solved the issue. Lucky you were born after 1986 so the 1987 constitution applies. The biggest reward is being able to own property.

Beachboy..... i was born way before 1986.... as a natural born citicezen of the Philippines and a USA citizen at the same time at birth in the philipoines, i am one of the original DUAL CITIZENS.way before RA.9225.was declared by pres. arroyo. I already owned property in the Philippines before i even came back, by inheritance from my parents. after a trip to The Immigration office in Manila, i was told this, and issued a Philippine Passport to accompany my US. passport. And my Balikbayan stamp cancelled, in light of my perminent residency in the philipines.The imigration officer took one look at my NSO . certified birth certificate, and i was out of there in 2 hours a happy camper. so in my rare case he said , that the JUS SANGUINIS and JUS SOLI rule covered me on both sides. my right to both right of soil and right of blood in both countrys. US.ANDPH.. tanks ej.
  • Like 3