Ten Wheeler Hits Tourist Police Tent And Trike With 16 Passengers Killing 5

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Wow, 16 people on a trike? Some kinda police check point for tourists? :( Another miss-mash news story.Not making light of this tragic accident as five people lost their life and seven were hurt.http://www.sunstar.com.ph/manila/local-news/2012/01/12/5-killed-7-hurt-truck-plows-police-outpost-200213

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Wow, 16 people on a trike? Some kinda police check point for tourists? :( Another miss-mash news story.Not making light of this tragic accident as five people lost their life and seven were hurt.http://www.sunstar.c...-outpost-200213
I don't think its a check point for tourist but a tourst assistance tent next to the polices tent. I believe in Angeles there are tourist police but I think they are not real police but someone may know better?
  • Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

This story hits home with me because it was an out of control 10 wheeler dump truck that nearly killed me last Sept. They drive like animals with huge, powerful trucks on overcrowded roads and innocent people die, damn shame.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
This story hits home with me because it was an out of control 10 wheeler dump truck that nearly killed me last Sept. They drive like animals with huge, powerful trucks on overcrowded roads and innocent people die, damn shame.
It's true those ten wheel trucks full speed ahead and who cares. I think the bus company's are the worst. How many Filipinos die every year from bus crashes or having been hit by a bus. I bet the truth would be shocking. Typically the Golden Rule at work in Philippines death and carnage comes in second. Edited by Old55

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)
Wow, 16 people on a trike? Some kinda police check point for tourists? :thumbsup: Another miss-mash news story.Not making light of this tragic accident as five people lost their life and seven were hurt.http://www.sunstar.c...-outpost-200213
I don't think its a check point for tourist but a tourst assistance tent next to the polices tent. I believe in Angeles there are tourist police but I think they are not real police but someone may know better?
Tourist police are an offshoot of the old tanod law. Makati has them too on Burgos St. Basically, they are there to harass a few of the girls to be able to 'show' they are clamping down on prostitution. Appointed by the local government. In Makati, they 'arrest' a few girls every night and take them to jail until the morning, but no actual paperwork is done. Edited by Bruce
  • Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

The new DOT slogan comes to mind when i read this story :hystery: FUN PHILIPPINES :hystery: