American Retirees, The Next Big Business For Philippines

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Hi Tatoosh,Thanks for the nice comments. The next article in the series is nearly finished. Hopefully, Inquirer.Net will agree to publish it. This one suggests a Philippines 90 days visa waiver program for retirees or citizens from the United States, Canada, Japan, South Korea and China. The US government has a 90 days visa waiver program with 36 countries. It is a reciprocal agreement. Americans automatically receive 90 days to such countries as Japan, South Korea and most of Europe. Retirees are taking advantage of the 90 days to winter in wam climate areas like Florida and Hawaii. They buy or rent homes and condominiums.JJR

• Like 3

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Hi Tatoosh,Thanks for the nice comments. The next article in the series is nearly finished. Hopefully, Inquirer.Net will agree to publish it. This one suggests a Philippines 90 days visa waiver program for retirees or citizens from the United States, Canada, Japan, South Korea and China.The US government has a 90 days visa waiver program with 36 countries. It is a reciprocal agreement. Americans automatically receive 90 days to such countries as Japan, South Korea and most of Europe. Retirees are taking advantage of the 90 days to winter in wam climate areas like Florida and Hawaii. They buy or rent homes and condominiums.JJR
Great idea, maybe an even longer visa like 6 months for people who own condos as second homes might be a suggestion that would then make it worth while for more foreigners to buy condos thus helping the condo market and bringing more people to stay for longer periods of time to get away from their winters and help the country due to all the VAT they would make on all the money they would spend. I wish you much luck getting any of that accomplished and while the past president took one of my ideas and ran with it called "making the Philippines the shopping mecca of Asia" little was done that I know of beyond a news release. Maybe if you send copies of your articles to the president, senators and congressmen as well, then possibly they will listen to you. I have found that most Filipinos wish it to be their idea and will reject any good idea if it comes from a foreigner.
  • Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Hi Mr. Lee,I had submitted the 2nd article for consideration before reading your message suggesting the six months visa waiver for property owners.I don't know how to send articles to government officials for them to read. Usually this requires a public relations company with connections. Philippine Daily Inquirer is one of the largest and most influential newspapers in the Philippines. Maybe a politician will come across it by accident.JJR

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Hi Mr. Lee,I had submitted the 2nd article for consideration before reading your message suggesting the six months visa waiver for property owners.I don't know how to send articles to government officials for them to read. Usually this requires a public relations company with connections. Philippine Daily Inquirer is one of the largest and most influential newspapers in the Philippines. Maybe a politician will come across it by accident.JJR
Most of the contact info is on the internet. Here is a couple I found quickly House of Representatives Next Office of the President His cabinet then once you have the names and title, if the contact info is not already there, then use the internet to look up contact info. Hope that helps.Philippine Government Offices Directory
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Most of the contact info is on the internet. Here is a couple I found quickly House of Representatives Next Office of the President His cabinet then once you have the names and title, if the contact info is not already there, then use the internet to look up contact info. Hope that helps.Philippine Government Offices Directory
Did I not read somewhere that you can talk to the President on Facebook now or he has a page there?