Former Us Marine Arrested After Brush With Village Officials

FlyAway
Posted
Posted
Noisy dogs, tricycles, roosters, karaoke can set off any normal person. I just hope he's not suffering from PTSD.
PTSD, that was my first thought reading this topic.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yes the MARINES ;action may have been wrong, there are much other ways to "SOLVE" problems here. 1%20%2872%29.gif (SUPER COUGH ,read between the lines statement) 1%20%2872%29.gif Yes we are Visitors/Guests in this country and the RULES for COMMON SENSE,DECENCY,RESPECT,CONSIDERATION for othersSEEM TO SEEM TO FLY OUT THE GoxD DxxM window unless it effects them NOT US, :th_exactly: These people seem .not just this mans neighbors but others are Guilty of the items i listed above,If we complain, these people, will say ,;Dont like it go back to your Country but little do they realize that its our money.our presence,however small that is making a impact towards their community., What they fail to realize is that OTHERS, meaning the NATIVES they too feel this way, but they dont complain as either they are scared (since they have their heads so far up their anal cavity ,that they just dont care,not realizing that they can make a change) Dont care attitude ,or i cant change it ,as its been this way for ever. THATS A BUNCH of hohoho_smiley.gif" things must change to improve the lives of others,. or they will continue to live this lifestyle that is UNPRODUCTIVE to their well being, BUT it is not OUR position to tell them this, as "WE" are not them, just outsiders, who doesnt know anything, :10001: I have much others things to reply about the locals behavior that contributed to the Marines Break down, BUT , I will not say more :444: I have appreciated using this forum, as it has TRULY allowed me to understand what other issues/problems;that can effect us. especially ISSUES like the above post , has made me BE FULLY AWARE of what REPERCUSSIONS that can or could happen IF I allowed Myself to get anger or upset with the things I cant change, < The usage of SOCIAL MEDIA to complain ,(anonymous) about ones issues/problemsmaybe can be a way to solve ones problemsesp. Regarding the issue of those neighbors who cause discomfort,due to the ones who lack the common sense,courtesy,decency respect for others.

Edited by ed villas
  • Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
(since they have their heads so far up their anal cavity ,that they just dont care,not realizing that they can make a change) Dont care attitude ,or i cant change it ,as its been this way for ever. THATS A BUNCH of " things must change to improve the lives of others,. or they will continue to live this lifestyle that is UNPRODUCTIVE to their well being, BUT it is not OUR position to tell them this, as "WE" are not them, just outsiders, who doesnt know anything,
I often wonder who says our countries have got it right? Are we sure that our way is the best or is it just that we think that way because that's how we were brought up.Someone said to me today, if it aint broken, dont fix it so why should the locals think any different?
  • Like 3

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

I wonder how much of this is him standing up to something they did and them saying he's crazy.I have no reason to think that other than knowing that while I'm in Asia, I'll be the crazy guy if anything happens.Would like to know the backstory to this only an insider could tell in a bar setting.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Would like to know the backstory to this only an insider could tell in a bar setting.
I have know 3 different ex military men that were prone to throwing tantrums like this. Perhaps that is unusual or perhaps it is something that commonly happens and is seldom talked about. . . . . because if I was the insider you mentioned I would damn sure not be telling the story any place where it might get back to the individual who throws tantrums, because that would just be like giving them a new focal person for their anger. Sometimes people like that need 'tough love' such as being forced by authorities to accept that their action is never justified and the friends who 'agree' with them are just trying to not stir them up any more than they already are.

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

This all reminds me of the neighbor behind me that complains about the barking dogs. Funny when I think of hearing the 1 barking dog here in California. How peaceful not to hear multiple dogs and roosters. Then add in the thundering videoke and the motorbikes...... ah, welcome to the Philippines!!!

• Like 1

ekimswish
Posted
Posted
Would like to know the backstory to this only an insider could tell in a bar setting.
I have know 3 different ex military men that were prone to throwing tantrums like this. Perhaps that is unusual or perhaps it is something that commonly happens and is seldom talked about. . . . . because if I was the insider you mentioned I would damn sure not be telling the story any place where it might get back to the individual who throws tantrums, because that would just be like giving them a new focal person for their anger. Sometimes people like that need 'tough love' such as being forced by authorities to accept that their action is never justified and the friends who 'agree' with them are just trying to not stir them up any more than they already are.
Yeah, sometimes guys who lived in careers that demanded "toughness" have a hard time backing down from confrontation when it's in their best interest to do so.Not a story that reflects well on me, but why I'm curious about his side of the story, is what happened to me a few months ago in Taipei. I had been out drinking with my friends, and after way too much liquor ended up sleeping on the street at 5am. At 7am I noticed someone was pouring water all over my body and laughing about it. I tried to ignore it and keep sleeping, but then he came back and kept pouring more, talking to his friend, and apparently enjoying himself. As drunk as I was, I suddenly had this idea that he was peein' on me, so I shot up, chased him, knocked him down with a punch and started kicking and punching him. Someone told me the guy's crazy and I shouldn't hurt him, so I stopped and left.I ended up getting arrested, and yes, it's my fault for passing out on the street. That's stupid and no one should do that, but it's not like I planned it. I just lost a battle with the alcohol. Not to my credit, but I passed out in a park earlier this year, and the person who woke me up did it in a very calm and safe manner so that I appreciated it and went home. This guy was just being a dick about it. I shouldn't have hit him, but I was in a blind, drunken rage, and crazily, thought I was being pissed on.Anyways, when the newspapers and television stations heard of the story, they mainly told his side: he's just a nice man trying to help a passed out foreigner because he was worried about my safety, and just sprinkled a little water on my face. Sure, that's why my clothes were soaked.I ended up paying him off so I wouldn't get charged and lose my job. The news story also died quickly. There was one TV station that told my side of the story a little bit, where I said that it's dangerous to mess with people sleeping on the street because we're all strangers, etc. I said he should've called the police if he was really concerned. And as much as I tried to avoid saying anything about "pee" on camera, she cornered me on what I "really" thought he was pouring on me... lol.... "I THOUGHT HE PEED ON ME" was my final soundbite.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
it's my fault for passing out on the street.
I was so lucky to have good friends in my younger days. On the one rare time that I passed out on the floor from drinking, my friend picked me up, drove me home, and poured me into bed. It can happen to anyone who overindulges and its good to see that you suffered no long term effects from your escapade.
  • Like 1

ekimswish
Posted
Posted
it's my fault for passing out on the street.
I was so lucky to have good friends in my younger days. On the one rare time that I passed out on the floor from drinking, my friend picked me up, drove me home, and poured me into bed. It can happen to anyone who overindulges and its good to see that you suffered no long term effects from your escapade.
My friend was trying to get me in the taxi, but I was determined to sleep right there beside a parked scooter. At one point, he put a hand in my pocket so no one could steal my wallet and stuff, but I sprang into action and locked him up in a triangle choke with my legs, forcing him to tap. That's when he settled with just getting my cell phone. He also spent the whole morning with me at the police station when he found out what happened.