Fil-Am Is Festival Queen

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

And it seems even she has been robbed but I do not remember reading about it in the papers, does anyone else? I am beginning to believe there is a heck of a lot more crimes than those reported in the news. :unsure:CEBU, Philippines - She may have been robbed earlier this month, but the 5’9 Fil-Black American stunner April Smith, Lumad Basakanon’s lead dancer, gained something even better when she was crowned as Sinulog Festival Queen 2012 last Friday at the Cebu City Sports Center.Last January 7, while on her way home after their practice, Smith was robbed.The suspect took her cell phone but Smith was thankful that Señor Santo Niño protected her from further harm.Linkedit to add photopost-40-0-49806300-1326573856_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mr. Lee

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

Another moron.There are on average, 3 snatchings a day on Colon. So there will be more snatching through out the city.Anyone talking or texting on their mobile phone while walking in the street can expect it to be snatched.When I am in Cebu City, every day, I have to tell foreigners to put their phones away.Regards: Jim

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Anyone talking or texting on their mobile phone while walking in the street can expect it to be snatched.
Can you please be specific? It is obvious that there are some places you can phone or text or the darn things would be useless. What street can you expect it to be snatched on?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
And it seems even she has been robbed but I do not remember reading about it in the papers, does anyone else? I am beginning to believe there is a heck of a lot more crimes than those reported in the news.
lolDo they print every simple little crime in the US papers,imagine how thick it would be.Imagine reading it,pages after pages, Joe Kano had his garden gnome snatched, that would be front pages new for sure. Wife steals husbands corn flakes,husband files a complaint. :541:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
And it seems even she has been robbed but I do not remember reading about it in the papers, does anyone else? I am beginning to believe there is a heck of a lot more crimes than those reported in the news.
lolDo they print every simple little crime in the US papers,imagine how thick it would be.Imagine reading it,pages after pages, Joe Kano had his garden gnome snatched, that would be front pages new for sure. Wife steals husbands corn flakes,husband files a complaint. :541:
Usually when a Fil/Am is robbed it would be big news for the papers.

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted
Anyone talking or texting on their mobile phone while walking in the street can expect it to be snatched.
Can you please be specific? It is obvious that there are some places you can phone or text or the darn things would be useless. What street can you expect it to be snatched on?
Do not talk or text on your phone on ANY busy street, in any big city in the Philippines.Many foreigners have had their phones snatched just walking along.Regards: Jim