Honest Cebuana Returns American Mom’S Lost Phone

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Finally a nice heartwarming story, I would just like to know how this American lady lost her phone in the first place. So the phone was priceless and they gave a reward of p1000, I would have given more, unless of course the phone was snatched, how about you? American national MJ Gregory will never forget Cebu.On her first visit to the Queen City of the South, she lost her HTC cellphone while watching the Sinulog Festival Queen competition in the grandstand of the Cebu City Sports Center last Friday.Her sorrow turned into joy when a 20-year-old Cebuana returned her cellphone less than an hour later.The young woman whom she knew as “Ruth” had earlier texted Gregory’s husband and went to their hotel to return the phone.“When I lost my phone, I prayed to God. I got my phone in less than an hour,” Gregory told Cebu Daily News yesterday at the Cebu City Sports Center.Gregory's friend Dick Pearson said the cellphone was worth $400 to $500 (about P17,500 to P22,000).But Gregory said her cellphone was “priceless” because it contained photos of her three children and other important data.Gregory, whose husband is a doctor, was grateful that the Cebuana returned her phone.“People here are very honest and hardworking. I can't express it in words,” she said.She said she would surely come back to Cebu.She said she not only had fun watching the parade and other Sinulog activities but had the fortune of being helped by an honest stranger.“I want to tell her how grateful I am,” Gregory said.Her family gave the 20-year-old woman P1,000 in appreciation of her kindness.Pearson said the Cebuana didn't want to receive the money but they insisted that she accept the gift.Gregory lost her phone at around 11 p.m. in the sports center last Friday.Gregory's husband later received a text message from the Cebuana saying “I'm trying to find the owner of this phone. I'm waiting for your call.”

• Like 3

acman
Posted
Posted

Its good to hear a good story!

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Its good to hear a good story!
Why do you say that, have you had a bad day? or do you have a story to tell?

Tatoosh
Posted
Posted

Generally, the Filipino is very honest. They have pointed out money that fell out of my pocket, returned backpacks I forgot and even a wallet with money at a local sari-sari store. Criminals will steal, but most of the people here are not criminals even if they poor and in need. The "kano" pricing we run into occasionally may cause us to become a bit jaded in our attitude, but stories like the one above really do remind me of the many excellent people that call this place home.

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)
Generally, the Filipino is very honest. They have pointed out money that fell out of my pocket, returned backpacks I forgot and even a wallet with money at a local sari-sari store. Criminals will steal, but most of the people here are not criminals even if they poor and in need. The "kano" pricing we run into occasionally may cause us to become a bit jaded in our attitude, but stories like the one above really do remind me of the many excellent people that call this place home.
Very well said and worth quoting again ....... so I did :hystery: :( :thumbsup: Edited by Mike S
  • Like 2